Post your commute!

[quote=xylo]Yeah, Ian, I stick to the levee till I hit St. Charles. The levee wasn’t paved ever when you lived here, just gravel right? They’ve got the entire path paved from Audubon Park out to Destrehan. It’s a good 25 miles or so.

I generally make the ride once a day, alternating between staying in St. Rose and staying in the French Quarter.[/quote]
it’s paved now?!??! what the shit

Jeezus Russel! I envy you.

everyday to school
omgz long ride

[quote=crushkilldestroy]

I didn’t feel like zooming into downtown and getting every little turn corrected, but you get the idea.

And for some reason, Google Maps underestimated the mileage. It’s actually closer to 20 according to my GPS. Whatever.[/quote]

You’re on the west side eh? Windy as fuck. Between that, riding through Sodo, and the mileage, you are a badass.

quite unremarkable. occasionally i take the lakefront path.

This or some variation thereof. Once I leave the core, it sucks ass. It’s nothing but meandering suburban streets which may or may not stop completely dead on me or multi-lane arterial roads where people fly past you within inches at like 100km/h. It’s also pretty much completely uphill when you’re north-bound. FML.

haha, yeah. I think they did it in the late 90’s, I can’t remember. Supposedly they are planning to pave it all the way to Baton Rouge. I can’t wait for that, as riding down Airline Highway for 50 miles pretty much sucks. I’ve done it once, and I’d have to really be determined to do it again. Scary as hell.

Yeah, it actually is a really nice ride. Come to New Orleans this summer and we’ll ride out to the end and go swimming in the spillway!

yeah, that sounds fucking suicidal.

Almost 10 miles, flat and windy. On the return, I can opt to hit the hills on the way home.

Something like this:

[quote=lot_22]

quite unremarkable. occasionally i take the lakefront path.[/quote]
NOW I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!
Bwahahaha!!!

yeah, me and 50 other people.
plus i keep a bat by the door.
plus i’m sure some of my neighbors keep guns.
plus, so what, i know where you live too.
im’a steal the faggin.

Fuck you man. Dibs!

My commute isn't all that exciting, pretty much a straight shot from the edge of town into downtown. [img]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb170/asterisk_OR/commute_map.jpg[/img]

I do pass two items of interest:

you can also post google maps routes like this:

1. type in your route
  2. click “Link”, right above the top right corner of your map
  3. copy/paste

View Larger Map

thats not exactly my route, but its close enough

^ awesome dude! I didn’t know you could do that

View Larger Map

commuted on track drops. worst fucking idea ever. anyone who calls a bike with track drops their commuter is either retarded or lives next door to where they work.

selling those shits immediately

sell em to me!!

also, how is everyone making the lines on their google map?

What the hell happened to the font in this thread? Is it weird for anyone else?

I just realized that I haven’t made my commute in like 3 weeks. I’ve been logging miles before work though, so at least I’m not worried about the health aspect of being a lazy ass and driving.

ctrl + print screen. save as jpeg in paint.[/quote]
im on a mac.[/quote]

shift + apple + 4