Post your commute!

[quote=Les]
new commute

[/quote]
Jollyville? That’s awesome.

[quote=Elderberry]
Jollyville? That’s awesome.[/quote]

actually not a bad road to ride down… considering the speed limit is like 45. Cars expect cyclist to be there and the bike lanes are suffice.

1.8 miles through shady neighborhoods.

Fuck Google Maps. Here she is.
here is a video I accidentally took of my bike gettin’ ready to roll…Austro-Daimler Inter-10 (reppin the 700c tandem wheel up front due to last minute malfunction)

And down the street we go

Sup, Rhode Island Ave

Passin’ Logan Circle

Then pass 14th, this is where you really OPEN UP THE THROTTLE

Usually get a good view of the Washington Monument here, but the picture ain’t so good (All You Tourists Suck My Balls)

And then Scott Circle…the White House is way back in the distance AYTSMB

Then you just shoot down M Street

Fukka Georgetown

Hop up’ere on the Key Bridge

Look left

Look right

Jump on the Custis Trail

Get hella fast 'n blurry

Roll up some switch backs

Endure some pleasant shit

Then some false-flats

Get off the trail and pass a metro station

Get back on the W&OD trail

Get off at the next intersection, go over I-66, turn left, and pass these jerks as they almost run you over in the name of waiting in traffic a few spots ahead of where they already were

Now just head up Westmoreland and see a lot of this:

And this:

Go down a hill and LATFH

Turn right on a generic suburban street

Pull into the office park

Pasadena gold line into LA Union Station, ride through the chaos that is downtown Los Angeles. Then I repeat back home at 11pm, usually way less traffic.

the commute im starting on tuesday…my car fucking up managed to time itself well with some of the worst weather we’ve had this winter
shorter than i thought, 26.9km according to mapmyride

ron: favorite tarcker i hadnt paid enough attention to. awesome! i should document my commute someday.

PS false flats are the absolute WORST

View Larger Map

10.8 miles :frowning:

there is this huuuge hill on kenny st which is a pain in the ass to get up, and every time i go up, i swear i will go find a different route to avoid it, but i never do

whats the hill like? my commute is around 10 miles each way and it is awesome!!! i love being able to ride 20 miles a day without having to set aside time for a ride. trust me, its way better than living 1.5 miles away from work and riding to work thinking “damn, i just wanna ride my bike!”

new route home today. shorter than i thought. disappointed, frankly. still fun.

7.4m

[quote=kowloon]new route home today. shorter than i thought. disappointed, frankly. still fun.

[/quote]

Wait, what? New rule, you have to SMS when you’re going to do that so I can come with.

Arbitrary rules, it’s elementary school again.