Post your Dirty Jumper

wow, after reading that twitter account and going to some of the people’s pages, i’m not certain i want to live in this world anymore. i need to take photos of my bikes soon

Here’s a link
I put my bike together and promptly went to purchase a baguette

How am I doin?

Holy shit dat stem, mick!

[quote=BabbyMatt]

How am I doin?[/quote]
what’s up caad10 bro? yer bike is lookin’ good

Mick, where are the real pics?

bike’s not “done” yet. I’d like to put some drop bars and get the fit dialed before i take any decent photos. basically because i dont want fred to put pix in the JATS thread :-/

and uh, holy shit its heavy

Welcome to steel bike x mechanical dick brake collab.

yea, also has a 36h rear wheel coz thats all i had for dick wheels hanging around

bring it to alleycross this weekend

im OOT this weekend too. salem/dallas

First ride today on version 1. I need a 4-cm longer stem, and since the Eroicas didn’t work out I’m waiting for new Grand Bois tires. Need to cut steerer down so there’s only a 5 mm spacer under. Might also replace the bars at some point with something a little rounder but probably not this winter. I’m also going to remove the stickers on the frame just because they bug me.

Other than that, I’m pretty happy. First time using SRAM, clunky compared to Campagnolo but intuitive. Front shifts are awful, and the 12 to 32 cassette is, um, interesting, but I think I’ll keep it, nice low gears for the winter.

I already want a tubular wheelset…maybe next year.

Sell me those cranks!

Exact reason why I didn’t go SRAM.

[quote=Fergie]First ride today on version 1. I need a 4-cm longer stem, and since the Eroicas didn’t work out I’m waiting for new Grand Bois tires. Need to cut steerer down so there’s only a 5 mm spacer under. Might also replace the bars at some point with something a little rounder but probably not this winter. I’m also going to remove the stickers on the frame just because they bug me.

Other than that, I’m pretty happy. First time using SRAM, clunky compared to Campagnolo but intuitive. Front shifts are awful, and the 12 to 32 cassette is, um, interesting, but I think I’ll keep it, nice low gears for the winter.

I already want a tubular wheelset…maybe next year.

[/quote]

Looks pretty good. Welcome to the Shrams. Everything they say is true.

Yeah, a 12-32 cassette seems a little excessive for how you’re gonna use the bike. Pretty ballin’ plan B tires you got there.

How’s braking with the Wound Up?

How much do you think it is the cranks? They look really interesting to me, but I have heard a few times that they don’t shift that well. Rad bike, btw.

Is the frame spaced 130?

Is square taper the only option for getting acceptable chainline and clearance for the required monster chainring when using fixed/free hub?

Tangent info: A friend has a Brompton and ditched the stock sq taper crank for some ext BB shramms and that gave a good chainline with the IGH and still allowed the bike to fold properly. It’s likely easier to tweak chainlines with sq taper spindle lengths and shims, and I would have gone with hollowtech over GXP as it’s shimmable, but it can be done.

Actually, I’m pretty sure the terrible shifting is because my BB spindle is too long. I have a shorter one on order. Still the feel at the lever is kind of nasty compared to Campagnolo, even old 9-speed stuff.

I literally only got out for a 12 mile ride, mostly up and down the nearest hill, and I probably got off the bike 10 times to make minor adjustments to saddle and handlebar angle. So no real opinion on the braking yet…and even when I have an opinion it’ll be uninformed since this is my first bike with disc brakes. They seem to stop pretty good though. I hate the way the fork looks but it seems to perform its function okay. If I ride it through the winter and fall in love, I may give it an Enve fork next Christmas.

44 ht?

try a Shimano triple fd before anything else, to get the front shifting better

also: obligatory zero setback seatpost comment

you must have got a professional fitting, right?
how is it you need a stem 4cm longer? just didn’t have right size on hand? that’s a huge discrepancy.