Post your Dirty Jumper

Put some byways on the ladybiek and removed the fenders for clearance, she really likes this setup (minus the sub-stellar brakes, but it’s good enough.)

Swift campout, bob trailer edition. Drove up the night before, stashed 3 cases of beer in the woods, and made shuttle runs with the trailer. Shit was fucking spectacular. The day/ruiner handles this outrageous setup with ease. New bee-lines are pretty great on choppy fire roads.

Got my bag/rack situation sorted out

Yeah. I haven’t spent much/any time trying to work out how to get fenders on there, but I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard if I took more than 5 minutes to do it.

I still haven’t quite worked out which rack is actually supposed to fit on there, since there isn’t a hole in the front of the fork crown. I think those holes that I thought were rack mounts are actually for water bottles? I would love to find a small rack that would fit on there to carry a little bag on the front, though. If there were something with fixed arms that mounted to those four holes, that would probably be strong enough to carry a little load.

The fork rides well, though. Some people on the internet seem to think it rides too stiff, but I haven’t noticed. I also pretty much never run my tires higher than 55 psi, so maybe that has something to do with it. It also has a ton of clearance, so I might try a bigger tire in the front if I keep riding these eroded fire roads in Marin.[/quote]
they are water for bottle anything cages to strap things too. You can attach a front rack if you put a plate under the the fender mount and run the fender through that tall V part. This will maybe work with fenders if you get a piece of steel and make it to lower the fender and add a front facing hole at the same time. Lord knows there is space for it.

or you can mount a full rack that connects at the mid bosses and the fender mounts. Then mount fenders to the rack.

[quote=kmcdon]

Swift campout, bob trailer edition. Drove up the night before, stashed 3 cases of beer in the woods, and made shuttle runs with the trailer. Shit was fucking spectacular. The day/ruiner handles this outrageous setup with ease. New bee-lines are pretty great on choppy fire roads.[/quote]

So much awesome goin on here. Any issues with the FD and the Bee-Lines? (2.2 right?) I’m thinking of putting some TB 2.25’s on my day/ruiner (probs have to go 1x?)

[quote=EddBread][quote=kmcdon]

Swift campout, bob trailer edition. Drove up the night before, stashed 3 cases of beer in the woods, and made shuttle runs with the trailer. Shit was fucking spectacular. The day/ruiner handles this outrageous setup with ease. New bee-lines are pretty great on choppy fire roads.[/quote]

So much awesome goin on here. Any issues with the FD and the Bee-Lines? (2.2 right?) I’m thinking of putting some TB 2.25’s on my day/ruiner (probs have to go 1x?)[/quote]

No issues with the bee-lines (2.2 is correct). I’m actually pretty certain that these are the tires the bike was made for, braden and endy might be able to elaborate. I have a m8000 FD and it clears about the same as the frame.

Speaking of which:
Bee-lines are almost maxed out here. Not quite, but almost. I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re flying too close to the sun on 2.25 tires.

edit: i’d say that the 2.2 tires are more than sufficient for most dithering.

[quote=kmcdon][quote=EddBread][quote=kmcdon]

So much awesome goin on here. Any issues with the FD and the Bee-Lines? (2.2 right?) I’m thinking of putting some TB 2.25’s on my day/ruiner (probs have to go 1x?)[/quote]

No issues with the bee-lines (2.2 is correct). I’m actually pretty certain that these are the tires the bike was made for, braden and endy might be able to elaborate. I have a m8000 FD and it clears about the same as the frame.

Speaking of which:
Bee-lines are almost maxed out here. Not quite, but almost. I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re flying too close to the sun on 2.25 tires.

edit: i’d say that the 2.2 tires are more than sufficient for most dithering.[/quote]

Endpoint do have those WTB Rangers in 2.25 (might try it in the summer.)

Love the fork mounted boom box cage.

[quote=jimmythefly][quote=puelnewdle]Tried out the 0.5m chairpole and rode down to the mailbox and around the park yesterday. Better, but still not enough saddle height. Such a bummer, this bike is terribly fun to ride.

[/quote]

https://www.probikeshop.com/en/gb/ice-relax-recovery-seatpost-27-2x600-mm-silver/106441.html[/quote]

Thanks! This might be the first bike part I buy in spite of it being silver.

The current setup is totally fine for the 1/4 mile ride to the mailbox and back, and probably totally fine for the 1 mile round trip to the grocery store, if I ever went there because I can’t remember the PIN to my debit card since I never use it anywhere and they only take cash/debit.

In case of emergency, break seatpost.

In case of poor decision making, break frame with ultralong chairpin.

This thing is so much fucking fun.

[quote=Perlhammered]

[/quote]
dam

[quote=puelnewdle]]

[/quote]

https://www.amazon.com/BRITE-MARK-Jumbo-Paint-Marker-black/dp/B00H248DWE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1529962287&sr=8-3&keywords=dykem+black+paint+marker

It’s kind of amazing how well this works on aluminum, especially for a 10-footer.

[quote=NOVELTYNAME][quote=Perlhammered]

[/quote]
dam[/quote]

dis bike rulez

Dang ol yup.

This thing’s been giving me damn near all of it lately. With a B17 it’ll be perfect.

[quote=jimmythefly][quote=puelnewdle]]

[/quote]

https://www.amazon.com/BRITE-MARK-Jumbo-Paint-Marker-black/dp/B00H248DWE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1529962287&sr=8-3&keywords=dykem+black+paint+marker

It’s kind of amazing how well this works on aluminum, especially for a 10-footer.[/quote]

Tarck provides #blessed

[quote=Rusty Piton]This thing’s been giving me damn near all of it lately. With a B17 it’ll be perfect.

[/quote]

HY

^ yuss

[quote=jimmythefly][quote=puelnewdle]]

[/quote]

It’s kind of amazing how well this works on aluminum, especially for a 10-footer.[/quote]
what does this mean?

a “10 foot finish” - looks good from 10 feet away.

Good from a far but far from good.