Post your more epic-type rides

Well I was on a pretty lazy ride in SB, and I ended up fucking this really cute ex-miss teen USA contestant.

That was about as epic as my rides get.

^sigworthy

i had a lot of epic rides when i was younger and i didnt know to judge distance. i think the first time i rode around the cape i live was 2004. my friend and i thought it was really far and would take us about 5 hours. so one morning we got up early to leave at 7am only to arrive back a little before 9. turns out it was only about 22 miles. lots of climbing though and a really fun ride.

Gnarly mountain ride I used to hit up with some friends when I worked at the ski resort.
The altitude is pretty nuts and it fucks with your body.
This ride left me bed ridden the next day. No muscle response at all… same with my two friends.
Did this fixed 46/17 gearing.

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/us/nm/ce ... 8444558639

i’m gonna try on friday to ride to eugene, ~130 miles, then return on either sun or mon. hooooooooo boy…

[quote=“missbyamile”]bumping because i just rode really far (for me) and i want to brag or something. i’m sore in the ass region!

http://www.mapmyride.com/view_route?r=494816180309[/quote]

Hell yeah. this thread is all about bragging. Thats a damn epic city ride with stop lights and all that shit.

[quote=“BlissMilitia”]Gnarly mountain ride I used to hit up with some friends when I worked at the ski resort.
This ride left me bed ridden the next day. No muscle response at all… same with my two friends.

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/us/nm/ce ... 8444558639[/quote]

Thats pretty crazy to do fixed. I’m a big fan of long 6ish% climbs. The climb I posted at the start of the thread is about 6% for the first 14km. I thought about trying it fixed last year, but I was going to use something closer to 2:1. Right now I do it mostly in 36x19.

[quote=“TimArchy”][quote=“BlissMilitia”]Gnarly mountain ride I used to hit up with some friends when I worked at the ski resort.

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/us/nm/ce ... 8444558639[/quote]

Thats pretty crazy to do fixed. I’m a big fan of long 6ish% climbs. The climb I posted at the start of the thread is about 6% for the first 14km. I thought about trying it fixed last year, but I was going to use something closer to 2:1. Right now I do it mostly in 36x19.[/quote]

I want to do an another section of the mountain that is a tad bit steeper on a road bike come spring.

The only thing going through my head to keep me going is “Oh damn, this is gonna be a fun ride back down.”
:bear:

Stick to 99 and you should be fine.

i dont even know where the greenbelt begins and ends?
halp?
but id like to do that for fun, i rode out to hidden springs once with a few friends, that hill can get intense with cars passing by at like 70mph, but its not that long of a ride, the downhill at the end is way fun
did it fixed 48/16 gearing

i rode from irving to dallas & crossed the trinity river on a road bike
not very epic

i dont even know where the greenbelt begins and ends?
halp?
but id like to do that for fun, i rode out to hidden springs once with a few friends, that hill can get intense with cars passing by at like 70mph, but its not that long of a ride, the downhill at the end is way fun
did it fixed 48/16 gearing[/quote]
It starts about a mile west of glenwood and ends at lucky peak, but you can continue up the hill toward Idaho City from there with the hardcore roadies. I’ve been wanting to ride out to Emmett to the in-laws, but highway 16’s pretty terrifying.

Hill Road is a fun ride too. Starts at 13th and ends past Highway 55 with a really steep short climb and brings you out on Floating Feather. If you go north a block from there up to Beacon Light and head west, epic miles are to be had out there. I need to scout it out a bit, but I think I’m going to ride to Emmett going around that way and following the RR tracks from Middleton.

Petr, are you talking about following Hill Rd when it cuts to the right and is a bit hard to see? Is that when it changes to Floating Feather or whatever if you keep going straight? Cause ive gone down hill rd, thats what gets you to hidden springs, once you get out to the dump road.

But yeah, ill probably do a greenbelt ride one day once it warms up a bit. Im not down for longer rides in teh cold. Its fun just to cruise right now

you should ride ON the RR tracks…it would be more fun

[quote=“tehtarck”]Petr, are you talking about following Hill Rd when it cuts to the right and is a bit hard to see? Is that when it changes to Floating Feather or whatever if you keep going straight? Cause ive gone down hill rd, thats what gets you to hidden springs, once you get out to the dump road.

But yeah, ill probably do a greenbelt ride one day once it warms up a bit. Im not down for longer rides in teh cold. Its fun just to cruise right now

you should ride ON the RR tracks…it would be more fun[/quote]
Instead of turning right on Seamans gulch, you keep going west another ~2 miles and the road forks. Follow the uphill fork. About a 1/2 mile after the fork (which veers you north,) you run in to floating feather.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1& ... 1&ct=image

zoom out a bit
I guess you need to go west a mile before you can head north to Beacon light.

[quote=“tehtarck”]Petr, are you talking about following Hill Rd when it cuts to the right and is a bit hard to see? Is that when it changes to Floating Feather or whatever if you keep going straight? Cause ive gone down hill rd, thats what gets you to hidden springs, once you get out to the dump road.

Yeah, I remember the Hidden Springs ride. It was way more epic for me though because I actually rode my bike up the Hills instead of walking… cough Tehtark cough

Petr5: Hill road is pretty fun, it has a lot of rolling hills and you can get a fast pace going.

One of my favorite rides is Cartwright Rd. although i couldn’t make it all the way up without walking, that shit is steep!

I want some CX tires for epic dirt road/ trail rides!
I also cant wait for the weather to get better, i miss being able to ride after school from broadway to my house (hidden springs) also longer days too. Fuck this getting dark after 5 business

[quote=“guggles”][quote=“tehtarck”]Petr, are you talking about following Hill Rd when it cuts to the right and is a bit hard to see? Is that when it changes to Floating Feather or whatever if you keep going straight? Cause ive gone down hill rd, thats what gets you to hidden springs, once you get out to the dump road.

Yeah, I remember the Hidden Springs ride. It was way more epic for me though because I actually rode my bike up the Hills instead of walking… cough Tehtark cough

Petr5: Hill road is pretty fun, it has a lot of rolling hills and you can get a fast pace going.

One of my favorite rides is Cartwright Rd. although i couldn’t make it all the way up without walking, that shit is steep!

I want some CX tires for epic dirt road/ trail rides!
I also cant wait for the weather to get better, i miss being able to ride after school from broadway to my house (hidden springs) also longer days too. Fuck this getting dark after 5 business[/quote]

i know i know, shame on me, but we biked most of it still. remember though? pete’s flat tire? you can just leave a homie behind.
we’ll have to do the ride Petr is talking about. especialy the greenbelt. the whole damn thangggg

[quote=“tehtarck”]

i know i know, shame on me, but we biked most of it still. remember though? pete’s flat tire? you can just leave a homie behind.
we’ll have to do the ride Petr is talking about. especialy the greenbelt. the whole damn thangggg[/quote]
Yeah, I remember Pete’s flat.
We need to ride the whole green belt, from garden city to luck peak. with everybody. someday soon hopefully, and force Nic to come along :bear:

he’ll puss out, he doesnt even ride.

me, you, pete, payton?, david, liam?

[quote=“tehtarck”]he’ll puss out, he doesnt even ride.

me, you, pete, payton?, david, liam?[/quote]

we will tell him about the “zen” :colbert:
Yep, and…
Scooter kids?
Tully, Karcher?

[quote=“guggles”][quote=“tehtarck”]he’ll puss out, he doesnt even ride.

me, you, pete, payton?, david, liam?[/quote]

we will tell him about the “zen” :colbert:
Yep, and…
Scooter kids?
Tully, Karcher?[/quote]

sure, i dont care.
oh god the zen!!! its so amazingggg :colbert: