Post your most embarrassing bike

[quote=jdsmooth]My first biek tour. I added a helmet mirror shortly after.

[/quote]

Oh man, my first cross bike was pretty bad.

Here it is looking slightly less horrible:

NDS photo and all

Hoo boy
Not even my first, but definitely my worst conversion. Bought the bike complete for $150(!!!) from some scam artist on craigslist who told me it was aluminum and from the 90s, I just wanted something with horizontal dropouts to strip and make a fixay.

And probably my lowest point, I kind of regret selling this one because at some point I figured out just how jackass it was and embraced it, but best to leave these days behind me.

I remember you guys hating my og Odyssey DH saddle.

using 1 pulley for the tensioner… honestly pro strats

Ya gotta admit that that saddle is pretty horrifying!

Okay, you’re not wrong. Felt good though. And the drive train felt like a chainsaw at higher cadences but the chain wasn’t going anywhere.

You guys have way more pictures of your bikes than I do.

I gave the fork to a kid at the shop so he could tour the US, and just in time, because every time I rode this bike I was seconds from death.

Been soaking the frame in PB Blaster for about six months trying to unstick that seatpost. Might build it back up this winter.

I cut all the braze-ons off and rattle canned it black. Yes it’s really LHD. I swapped the pedal spindles and put loctite the threads.

i don’t have any pics of my horrible coaster brake surly crosscheck, so here’s me riding the track in t-shirt on the bike i had when i joined tarck:

here’s the turd it gradually descended into when i downgraded the seat post, stem, bars, etc

Technically I still own this bike.

Also, deep down I still think it’s cool.

Way overloaded road bike before I knew any better. I broke 3 spokes the next week.

[quote=aerobear]
[/quote]

I remember veloshop amy

More like “sup Amy”

Jk

Toast where’s your alpha

i’m in this crew but even more embarrassed. i bought what i thought was a badass lime green road frame on ebay to convert. i think i paid $90 for the frame. built 27" wheels just for it even though i wasn’t going to use brakes. loved it. the chain dropped all the time because the chainline sucked so bad. the hubs were those junior hubs with the bearings that were basically a random amalgamation of whatever sizes were rolling around on the factory floor the day they built them. i learned a few months later that the frame was just a powdercoated schwinn varsity. someone probably pulled that shit out of the trash, put a crappy powdercoat on it, and sold it to my dumb ass for $90.

my attempt at the “monstercross” bike was a little embarrassing:

I owned this $100 Schwinn singlespeed for about a week before realizing that I like having more than one gear.
It also weighed way more than my road bike which I thought was funny.