Post your most embarrassing bike

Nice lip hardware. Is that a tongue ring too?

A few more I forgot about

/rolls up sleeves

Just wait 'til I post the 27.5+ hardtail [color=#f00]e-bike[/color] that’s been converted to a commuter…

My first bike:

Second bike:

Third bike:

IMG_3789 by Scott Gamble, on Flickr

I think I am almost singlehandedly entirely to blame for the trend of putting bar ends on bullhorns. My blog got okay traffic. My how-to post on it though? ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE MORE HITS

You’re welcome.

Obligatory fixie. NDS of course.

Moving on to Surly’s…

IMG_3719 by Scott Gamble, on Flickr

Yes. That is a shellac’d H-Bar. Yes. That is a shellac’d pvc pipe under the basket to attach a light to. Yes. That’s a shellac’d hand hold on the top tube. Dear god. I can’t find the pic of it set up like this PLUS an Arkel handlbar bag and the double kickstand thing too. It must have weighed 60 lbs empty.

Onward to the Pacer. Man this thing was a dead stick.

IMG_1072 by Scott Gamble, on Flickr

Funny, going through these. There was a time when this completely stymied me.

I am a loathesome human.

[quote=joy of tarcking]my attempt at the “monstercross” bike was a little embarrassing:

[/quote]

Lolling at this whole thread but especially at the rear caliper/cable/lever but no actual rotor

I put this thing up for my initial PYB post as a kind of sly joke. Tarck was not amused.

I had that same Blackburn rack, setup the same way, because there’s really no other way that it works. No photos, though.

My most embarrassing bike was also my sw8ist.

[quote=TimArchyLime]My most embarrassing bike was also my sw8ist.
[/quote]

RIP

Prophetically, the sicker on the back wheel is “Death Before Derailers” and my first bike after the crash was a geared bike. So, not quite death, but damn close.

Oh man, I forgot about this giant Schwinn!
Before:

After:

Even Afterer:

I’m gonna do a post now with the evolution of my old Crosscheck. All are somewhat embarrassing.
The birth of the rusty stack:

Gears and dirt drops!

I rode a shitload of miles on wisconsin backroads with it like this:

This setup didn’t last very long:

Noodlin:

Trippled:

Risered:

Back to drops:

Mulleted:

Then I sold it to Bward and he crashed it within a month. :frowning:

[quote=Rusty Piton]I’m gonna do a post now with the evolution of my old Crosscheck. All are somewhat embarrassing.

Noodlin:

[/quote]

Is that the bar I’ve got now? TC love it

It is. Glad it’s workin for ya!

Defnitely my worst

Only lasted about a week before I realized how awful it was and bought some old Nishiki frame. Frame then became a polo bike, then rebuilt into the funky battleship of a ten speed it should have remained. Sold it to one person who gave it back to me a year later, then sold to some random who I think is still boardwalk cruising it.

26 inch monstercross on a frame three sizes too small

[quote=Larry Winget][quote=TimArchyLime]My most embarrassing bike was also my sw8ist.
[/quote]

RIP[/quote]

[quote=crowding]26 inch monstercross on a frame three sizes too small

[/quote]

aka, the next model from SOMA

looool

What is up with SOMA being completely unable to build a whole bike that doesn’t look like a turd.