Pro Cycling

@timarchy: yeah fair point, I guess what I was trying to say is that with parenthood around the corner perhaps sagan’s mindful of the way he treats others and develops an understanding that actions no matter how big or small have consequences. I still laugh thinking about the dumb stuff like in 2015 fresh from the charlie hebdo attack, standing on the podium alongside froome and quintana glances down at his trophy transforming it into a machine gun pretending to pewpewpew the celebratory crowd. lollin’, imagine if a little sagan pulled a similar stunt in the classroom during a show and tell?

my guess is sagan as we know will mature spritually once he holds his beautiful baby for the first time, the most excitement we’ll see from him are wheelies in grand tours.

well, with four stage wins kittel’s on fire and no one was able to hold his wheel as he crossed the finish line.

was anyone surprised by bouhanni’s actions today? the commissaires penalized him 200 swiss francs, deducted a minute from his overall time as if he was in contention for GC and every second mattered. this is nothing more than a slap on wrist, too light of a penalty for a person that continues to ride like a fuckin’ punk.

just posting here to say i am not following the tour, but fuck bouhanni . that guy sucks.

what the fuck is the jury doing this year?!

Peter ain’t following the tour either. Hope he heads west again for altitude training like last year.

Thanks. Came here to post that.

I hope he starts his own tour with blackjack and hookers

When half the elite climbers in the world are on one team it really makes me not want to watch. Every climbing stage, same thing.

World’s most boring climbing stage, today… until the last 500m.

Holy cats, what a finish!

I’m just doing the youtube watching, I cant stand SKY (Cable) , such a scam in NZ. What I am enjoying is watching the kiwis do well. What I find the most interesting, is that none of them were stand-out “freaks” in their younger days. I was coaching back then so I was able to observe a fair bit. Jack Bauer was a bike messenger for a while, and I mostly saw him as an MTBer, and he wasn’t that flash TBH. I had a protoge who was really good, as an MTBer and he would beat George Bennett almost every time, and George was pretty good, but this guy was better. I think its great, because it shows that there are many ways to be pro cyclist, I think that if you have the desire you can do it, it might take some time, as people have different trajectories.

Who else saw that obnoxious piece of plastic Froome had shoved up his nose during the post race interviews? He should ditch the tacky turbino whatever it’s called and just get a bull ring. We get to watch him, Landa, and the rest of Sky dogpile Aru for a week. Other than side stories like Bennett it’s Uran that’s making the race for me. I hope he gets on the podium by the end. Fuck a bunch of that french favoritism bullshit with uneven late feed penalties.

Wait, so Uran and Bennett were penalized for taking a late bottle and Bardet wasn’t, and when presented with irrefutable evidence that Bardet took a bottle too, no penalties for anyone? What a fuckin shit show.

dude you live there and you don’t expect this from the Frenchies?

Holy crap, today was balls out from the gun! What an amazing stage!

they did take backs http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-reverses-time-penalties-for-uran-and-bennett-1/

French gonna french

@ryan: lollin’, that’s such a cool photo of sagan!

[youtube]26IbM7xWbsU[/youtube]
what a great ride by _______, he’s a great guy and totally deserved the win today.

And of course he’s complaining. Your back wheel locked up “unexpectedly” because you panic-squeezed the brake too hard. Learn how to descend.

Dan Martin really does ride like a monkey humping a tennis ball.

In 1974, Eddy Merckx used the descent at Mont du Chat to regain time lost to Raymond Poulidor on the climb.

So it’s not like this is a new addition to the tour.