Pro Doperz Suck Thread

[quote=“EivlEvo”]

I could care less if it was any drug. The fact is, kids look up to athletes. As a professional athlete you have a RESPONSIBILITY to live up to your profession. There’s no 2 ways about it. I could really care less if he uses or does whatever recreationally, but damnit, at least be smart enough to keep it private. Kids don’t need to see that.

Just the same as I’m a pilot. Drinking is not against the law, but the FAA mandates that I don’t consume alcohol 8hrs before I fly (my University mandates 12hrs.) Even though its completely legal for me to drink, I still wouldn’t. Just like its completely legal for me to sit down and have a drink after my shift in the terminal or at the local bar, I wouldn’t be in uniform acting obnoxious, or drinking (aside from with dinner (which I still don’t do))[/quote]

Oh so this is really about wanting the everyone conform to your puritanical sxe lifestyle. Should they not have champagne on riding into paris? He was keeping it as private as such a public figure can be expected too, there is no reason why a non-failed doping control should have became public. For christ sakes boonen was far from a fucking roll model before this, He’s lost his license for reckless driving and he’s practically a paedo. He’s rich, young and a superstar and clearly intends to live like it(and wouldn’t be the first cyclist to do so). I might prefer a more abstemious star but boonen is still an great cyclist and a snort or two shouldn’t change peoples opinion of him.

Tom Boonen snorting coke with some sluts in a German disco is a far cry from a drunken airline pilot.

[quote=“dutret”][quote=“EivlEvo”]

I could care less if it was any drug. The fact is, kids look up to athletes. As a professional athlete you have a RESPONSIBILITY to live up to your profession. There’s no 2 ways about it. I could really care less if he uses or does whatever recreationally, but damnit, at least be smart enough to keep it private. Kids don’t need to see that.

Just the same as I’m a pilot. Drinking is not against the law, but the FAA mandates that I don’t consume alcohol 8hrs before I fly (my University mandates 12hrs.) Even though its completely legal for me to drink, I still wouldn’t. Just like its completely legal for me to sit down and have a drink after my shift in the terminal or at the local bar, I wouldn’t be in uniform acting obnoxious, or drinking (aside from with dinner (which I still don’t do))[/quote]

Oh so this is really about wanting the everyone conform to your puritanical sxe lifestyle. Should they not have champagne on riding into paris? He was keeping it as private as such a public figure can be expected too, there is no reason why a non-failed doping control should have became public. For christ sakes boonen was far from a fucking roll model before this, He’s lost his license for reckless driving and he’s practically a paedo. He’s rich, young and a superstar and clearly intends to live like it(and wouldn’t be the first cyclist to do so). I might prefer a more abstemious star but boonen is still an great cyclist and a snort or two shouldn’t change peoples opinion of him.[/quote]

Its not even just Boonen. Its all pro athletes. I’m sick of the cheating. Its not about me having some pure fucking lifestyle. I agree that he was “trying” to be doing it in private… whatever… it shouldn’t matter. Its illegal.

Bonechilling you are very correct… I just couldn’t think of a more pertinent example.

How about, half of your class is cheating on the tests together in a class that has a curve. The tests are extremely hard. Do you cheat? Or do you try your hardest? Furthermore, do you complain to the professor? Do you still complain if you get an A?

blah.

[quote=“EivlEvo”]
Its not even just Boonen. Its all pro athletes. I’m sick of the cheating. Its not about me having some pure fucking lifestyle. I agree that he was “trying” to be doing it in private… whatever… it shouldn’t matter. Its illegal.

Bonechilling you are very correct… I just couldn’t think of a more pertinent example.

How about, half of your class is cheating on the tests together in a class that has a curve. The tests are extremely hard. Do you cheat? Or do you try your hardest? Furthermore, do you complain to the professor? Do you still complain if you get an A?[/quote]

HE WASN’T FUCKING CAUGHT CHEATING! Stop changing the subject.

I’m not even sure what you’re getting at anymore. Cheating, telling the professor? Who is the professor? What the fuck is “complaining to the professor” supposed to accomplish? The only example that even made a little bit of sense was the pilot one where you argued that a pilot should never drink even when he is allowed to just like boonen should never party even when he is.

dude, stop being right. it takes the fun out of this banal argument.

Lame, but out of competition coke is not “cheating”. It’s a substance that was detected via an out of competition control, and the powers that be determined that it makes Boonen “bad for the image of the sport”, etc…

If this all seems a bit arbitrary, that’s because it is.

[quote=“dutret”][quote=“EivlEvo”]

How about, half of your class is cheating on the tests together in a class that has a curve. The tests are extremely hard. Do you cheat? Or do you try your hardest? Furthermore, do you complain to the professor? Do you still complain if you get an A?[/quote]

I’m not even sure what you’re getting at anymore. Cheating, telling the professor? Who is the professor? What the fuck is “complaining to the professor” supposed to accomplish? The only example that even made a little bit of sense was the pilot one where you argued that a pilot should never drink even when he is allowed to just like boonen should never party even when he is.[/quote]

My point was that coke is illegal. Then I was ALSO making a point stating that I was sick of the cheating, not at all trying to suggest that boonen was caught cheating. Merely… I think pro athletes are useless to society. The TDF should be cat 3 this year. Done.

[quote=“EivlEvo”][quote=“dutret”][quote=“EivlEvo”]

I’m not even sure what you’re getting at anymore. Cheating, telling the professor? Who is the professor? What the fuck is “complaining to the professor” supposed to accomplish? The only example that even made a little bit of sense was the pilot one where you argued that a pilot should never drink even when he is allowed to just like boonen should never party even when he is.[/quote]

My point was that coke is illegal. Then I was ALSO making a point stating that I was sick of the cheating, not at all trying to suggest that boonen was caught cheating. Merely… I think pro athletes are useless to society. The TDF should be cat 3 this year. Done.[/quote]

incorrect…yes even your opinions.

who wants to go skiing?

at least professional cyclists are only looked up to by 40-50 year old dentists and lawyers.

not true. a lot of roadies in general look up to them, not just the older ones that you make fun of when they ride in full team kit on their hour lunch break at work. there’s plenty of roadies in their late teens, twenties and thirties, look at any collegiate team…

myself, i think EPO has played a huge role in the peloton since the early 90’s and the only way to get out of this mess is more random testing, and doing it in the offseason as well.

this is the wrong forum. you need to post this on craigslist w4m. Like this:

HOT 22yo F looking for ski budd thiss Fridy!!!

boonen’s now claiming it was slipped into his drink

…by his vanishing evil twin no doubt.

HOT 22yo F looking for ski budd thiss Fridy!!![/quote]

skiing = snorting coke

HOT 22yo F looking for ski budd thiss Fridy!!![/quote]

skiing = snorting coke[/quote]

NO WAI! SLIPPERY SLOPES HERE WE COMES!

i lawl’d.