Ray Finkle and a clean pair of shorts. AKA the thread where Tarck helps me build a sw8 Marino

how much was yours? what tubing did y’all get? after talking to them a while back it seemed like you could get less oversized tubing if you asked nicely. i had wigglebike dreams etx

Shoulda added one more $10 option, bro

8 Likes

I decided to go with the Reynolds 725 tubing (+60 USD) and custom CNC head tube graphics (+20 USD) and a custom fork (+100 USD). I haven’t gotten the final cost yet; expecting ~540 USD before shipping.

1 Like

I got Reynolds 520. Looks like there are more tubing options now. Probably would have gone 725 if it was available.

wow. still fantastic especially with a fork

1 Like

that’s like, still cheaper than a surly without shopbro

1 Like

Oh buddy

16 Likes

First

1 Like

yooooooo it’s real. how does it look IRL?

Better than I thought it would honestly. I was expecting the purple to be more pastel but I really like it and I’m questioning whether I should spray.bike it or not… but maybe I just don’t want to wait to build it up. Welds look good. At least better than $300 good. Frame weighs 4.8lbs. Things gonna be fun!

1 Like

Painted the pink bits today. Some goopy bits on the seat tube but I should be able to remedy it tomorrow. Hopefully clear coat and sparkles soon.

8 Likes

Can’t wait to get this thing dirty! So much fun.

Will do a better PYB once I trim the steerer and fix a few little things. Very happy with this bike!

15 Likes

Oh hell yeah!
I should probably get a sscx bike from them since nobody makes them anymore. Why can’t I get a adam craig tcx for cheaps?!

2 Likes

Oh yeah well I’m 72% Jerry Reed

1 Like

18% ambulance chaser.

Edit I mean 28

1 Like

Just putting this here so I can find it later. Certainly not because I’m contemplating a second Marino.

1 Like

Tukt