really bad handlebar/lever setups itt

Where you able to install your bars w/o seriously mangling the center section’s finish?

I don’t really recall

On the other hand, the regular Ritchey stems up and down their line are fantastic!

I fucked up some enve mtb bars with that stem. Pretty… pretty pissed.

Yeah, I’m going back to Zipp or Salsa jawns.

same, same.[/quote]

Thirded on both counts, although—just switched to the Soma copies of the Jones Bend bars (710 wide, 45° sweep, 15mm rise) to replace the Cowbells and folks, hot take, most of the world would be better off on such bars, even though it’s not nearly “allroads” enough for Instagram

Firmly in the cowbell camp here as well.

This bike was stolen; I’m hoping some hobo fixes the cockpit.

Speaking of alt-drops, I recently ebayed a pair of the Ritchey EvoMax bars for my NFE- same nice super-shallow classic bend as the Zipp SSRs used to have and the Ritchey Neoclassic have now, but with just a bit of flare (like 12* or something). They are really great, and make the bag-lever interaction area a lot friendlier. I find myself reaching for the drops more often. The “classic round bend, shallow, with a little flare” design is pretty fuckin’ perfect for what that bike is made to do.

I think when I first built it I had the 3t compacts with a little flare on it. ergosum perhaps? those were ok, but these are absolutely wonderful.

I like a lil’ flare cause it’s comfy but I see no sense in pukebacking drops on what’s essentially a cross bike. Every bike is a Cross-Check etc

I have 46cm cowbells on my cross I ride on iowa singletrack and they’ve never felt inadequate. On the road, the hoods and drops are still good.

I’ve also got the Cowbell on my H/G, and it’s pretty dope. My only gripe is that I wish the drop were deeper. Anyone using flared drops with some more drop?

Also, I too rode with the Bell Lap for a minute. I had them on a bike I tried to sell on Tarck, and that’s how I earned my profile picture.

https://ritcheylogic.com/wcs-evomax-road-bar

that looks pretty cool

Best upgrade I ever made was ditching the stock bell laps on my cross bike. Better than clipless, better than putting a 10s campy group on my paramount fixed conversion.

Unf
Did you see the new silver Athena 11
I’m not about to switch to campy but

Unf
Did you see the new silver Athena 11
I’m not about to switch to campy but[/quote]

(wiping sweat from brow) yeaaaaaaaah buddy

1 Like

[quote=JUGE FREDD]

that looks pretty cool[/quote]

Oh these look cool, would be my bars if I was building a H/G right now

https://ritcheylogic.com/wcs-evomax-road-bar

that looks pretty cool[/quote]

Cowbell with 5mm more of both reach and drop.

Similar experience here. I liked my Salsa Cowbells and went for the even-more-flared Cowchipper, and they’re fun. My next bar will probably dial back to about what those Ritcheys have, but the extra flare works great when I’m ducking through a trail on my way home from campus.

This thread is making me question my deep derps.