Relationship Accelerator: tandem thread

PICS!

shame it’s not the donkey back version

reference link?

Remind me again later? They were matchy match with a saddle and pads, donuts and pizza I think?

GT junk food

Oh, my bad. I guess it’s just seat and tires

maybe with some BMX grips, if it wouldn’t interfere with the shifters?

1 Like

damnit it has cheap gripshifts, and fuck if I want to recable it anytime soon

also came with ~250mm seatpins instead of real seatposts, and in 28.6mm for laziness with the stoker stem

so bought a pair of longbois
https://www.amazon.com/UPANBIKE-Bicycle-Seatpost-Replacement-17-7inch/dp/B072LPQ4X8/

To be clear this is NOT the weird pedals on the rear axle tandem, but a generic target/walmart/oem tandem with DD livery right?

1 Like

if only there was an easy was of showing us

6 Likes

yea draw a illustration of it someone!

4 Likes

@BicyclePears to the rescue to draw @JUGE_FREDD donut liveried Walmart tandumb.

19 Likes

I would have to borrow mig’s camera tho

9 Likes

the kids are calling it Normcore these days Jerry!

1 Like

The only thing for the stoker to hold onto is the downtube brake.

the loose ball bottom brackets are roached, the captain’s barely turned

also with 127mm asymmetric spindles inserted backwards, so the NDS cranks are extra far outboard while the DS chainline is still wide

bought a pair of these 118mm cartridge BBs arriving sunday

https://www.amazon.com/ZHIHUI-Square-Bracket-Waterproof-Mountain/dp/B088DQ6RX1

1 Like

stoker’s DS cup doesn’t want to come out, and the NDS was real tough for the first half of the threads — pretty sure the shell is ovalized from the chainstays being welded on

will try to get it out by running a big bolt and nut through the cup to get something to use a real wrench on

but if that doesn’t work then I may have put more roughage on the cup stuck in the frame that I’ll need to reassemble

Or just get Colin to weld a big nut on it and get it out that way. Then chase the threads and call it good. I had to do that on my old F.moser frame (welded the biggest coupling nut I could find at the hardware store to the BB cup and just hammered and hammered on it until it came loose). I didn’t get the threads chased I just sacrificed cheap BB’s trying to get the chain line right anyway so by the time I got the chai line right the threads were pretty okay enough

6 Likes

already started to strip/bend/break one of the eccentric pinch bolts

21 Likes