Restoring my cannondale track

So I bought this cannondale from a guy on ebay. It had a bass boat powder coat job but I didn’t really care. It also didn’t have the original fork which I was kinda bummed about.

I stumble upon an original fork in the right size so I decided to do a full restore.

Here’s a close up of the sparkle:

This is the latest pic I have of it. I started de-stickering since I got the fork today.

And the new fork:

Next step I think will be to find decals. Might have to contact Cannondale and see if they can help me out. Then onto paint.

I’ll update as I make progress.

coooooooool.

you motherfucker.

sweet. i hate you. and i hope it wasnt you who put all that shit on there.

I would totally keep the bass boat style myself, but just because sparkles are kickass.

neat

I say strip it, get some original decals and rock it bare alu or repaint it gloss black. Then it could be a Black Lighting Track, which would be ultimate badassery.

Something about the baby blue sparkle, looks nice, doesn’t go with with the Cdale look.

i think the paint on it now looks pretty good.

what a damn fine frame. i don’t even mind the way the jacobs cycles fork looks

i liek it how it iz

Similar to this?
I know it’s chrome but still.

I’ve thought about doing something different but I can’t really imagine anything looking better than the original.

Do something classy and tarcky like the blue one pictured above.
You could leave the sparkle for tarckness and find some cannondale decals to slap on there.

classic blue is definitely the way to go

sparkle isnt bad

that chrome is probably the only full chrome bike i have ever liked and i pretty much hate all full chromed bikes

^Not chromed.

Also, you guys care about looks too much.

I most certainly do.

What are you suggesting?

vintagecannondale.com can help with the downtube logos, but they may only come in white or black.

And I kinda like it how it is. That fork looks really good on there.

Sell it to me.

[quote=“triplesixer”]Do something classy and tarcky like the blue one pictured above.
You could leave the sparkle for tarckness and find some cannondale decals to slap on there.[/quote]

I had it like this for awhile but felt like it was still missing something. The original blue is still better imo.

[quote=“jim”]vintagecannondale.com can help with the downtube logos, but they may only come in white or black.

And I kinda like it how it is. That fork looks really good on there.

Sell it to me.[/quote]

I’ve been looking at that site and actually found a Word font that is basically identical, just incase I have to get them made.

Really want the fork? Should be ready to sell it early next week.

so you did put all that shit on there.

ass.

I know.

I get bored easily and it was just temp. till the fork got here.