Say it ain't so: The Assploded Bike Parts Picture Thread.

i also want to get into these cushy cores but the price is aggravating to me

1 Like

I got the rimpact product and like it on big bike. Significantly lighter than Cushcore iirc which is why I did it. But I’m almost certain that cushcore are better. Just the last of my weight weenie urges.

1 Like

Uh, can someone come pick me up?

11 Likes

take this to the chicago guys thread

1 Like

I give up. Where is Waldo?

you dadcammed a bicycle, that’s an accomplishment

2 Likes

It’s showing 7:00 when it should say 6.

3 Likes

spring forwards, not sprint

1 Like

I truly have no idea how this happened other than that the cranks are very old. The splines on the spindle look perfect but the splines on the crank arm are very donezo.
I called wife flight for the first time in my life, threw a set of square tapers on the bike and rode to work.

edit: the preload thingie looked fine when I installed it but it fell apart in pieces on the side of the road when I loosened the fixing bolts to try to straighten the arm. It was very difficult to get the damn arm off the spindle on the side of the road in a blizzard.
WTH: I think I lost my multitool in the snow.

3 Likes

What done it? Not ridden too hard and he found the crack before a ride. No damage to the top tube.

My guess is rock hit that made a lil crack then the hot cold cycle and more riding made it worse

Niner? They don’t like to stay in one piece.

1 Like

Internal butting might end there

2 Likes

You have too many beers/weeds whilst installing and like forget to tighten the clamp bolts. That’s a weird failure for that type of spindle. If it was an octalink BB I’d say you just didn’t seat it properly and just torqued the clamp but but yeah Idunno that’s strange.

Yeah, I’m thinking that it was because I was rushing to get the thing rideable last night and they were merely hand tight and not actually torqued. Also probably too many weeds.

2 Likes

also, tighten one, tighten two,retighten one retighten two.

but that horse’s already left the barn, yo.

2 Likes

Should I replace the borked left arm with the $129 DA version?

2 Likes

Only if it’s for the clout.

If I find a cheap used one I’m gonna do it.

you want a metrea crankset with no chainrings?

1 Like

If Rudy doesn’t, I do.