Say it ain't so: The Assploded Bike Parts Picture Thread.

Wow. Was that some baked-in tension when it was fitted up? Wild.

Both sides failed driving the wheel forward.

both of my brand new ekar calipers are leaking at the seams

2 Likes

Oof. Have you hit up Buddy at Campagnolo yet?

That’s what I’ll be doing first thing on Monday. You can see and hear the oil escape and the brake suck air back in. Pretty unbelievable.

1 Like

Only could extract one of four water bottle bolts on new Transition Spur.
WTF, man. So now three stripped 3mm head bolts just chilling in frame.

WTH This is the second bracket to break. First time I assumed big kid was climbing on it when I wasn’t looking. This time it broke while riding on a bumpy path with no load…thinking maybe it wasn’t the kid.

HY baby wasn’t sitting back there either time it broke

You should get one of those seat post clamps with the mounting points built in.

6 Likes

Pound in some cheap torx screwdriver heads and it’ll come out.

1 Like

Those are next on my list of things to get. Was disappointed to only find a t10 and t25. I’ll take it to the shop today to bang them out with said method.

Buying a bunch of torx button heads to replace every 3 mm bolt on every one of my bikes was one of my better decisions

5 Likes

I’ve been waiting for these kookas to crack. Guess it finally happened.

2 Likes

did you try waiting for them to not crack? That seems like a better plan.

9 Likes

Dremel had to be used. Torx was a bust, as were easy-outs.

1 Like

Glad they came out eventually!

Good to keep expectations in check

I’m surprised it lasted this long. Just glad I found the crack before it broke on a ride.

1 Like

Wasn’t terribly impressed with these tires (Vittoria Cannoli), but didn’t expect to retire them so soon.

2 Likes

Jeez what happened?

Not sure. Stopped mid-ride to let some air out and noticed the splits. Bought these as dead stock, so maybe they were stored improperly. Either that, or they came into contact some road salt when we had to evacuate our house.