Say it ain't so: The Assploded Bike Parts Picture Thread.

for some reason all the HURRDURR MUH FUCKIN GRAVEL purism bullshit really annoys me. i’m not sure why, but it can be so annoying. (i mean from all the races and events and gravelbros.)

there’s this thing here called Secret Groads!!!
it’s not secret.
stop calling anything “Groad”
AAAAAA

5 Likes

When I was getting into motorcycles, the dual-sport/ADV stuff was starting to heat up. I got myself a KLR650 and met a group of dudes from ADVrider, and they all wanted to go ride their BMWs on gravel roads around Nebraska. This always perplexed my dad because he grew up riding street bikes around in the country, and they fuckin hated the gravel and couldn’t wait to get off of it. Maybe some places have nice dirt roads but that was also my feeling with riding bicycles around the Midwest lol. “Gravel roads have less traffic!” sounds great until you realize all the traffic is trailer-hauling pick-ups flinging dust and rocks all over the place

3 Likes

Probably a good thing I got sick and didn’t ride the park on a broken axel.

I thought it felt “squidgey”

7 Likes

Hy: warranty and repaired while I waited at the shop. No charge! He even just did a whole new freehub b/c the pauls were a bit loose.

5 Likes

What hub is that?

The broken one

4 Likes

Still riding this rim

I suck

I’m scared of rim swapping

1 Like

fuckin reeee
(not fun while on a camping trip)

2 Likes

And that’s steel, right, so you can’t even sacrifice a knife to bore a new hole in that ear. What an absolute pain in the butt that must be.

yeah it wasn’t particularly fun. i was able to re-pack so that i wasn’t completely screwed, but it really made the bike not fun to ride.

as my buddies and i call it:
pot metal

1 Like

Bittex

Cool. Hope my brand new bitex doesn’t go that way.

There were compounding factors here. My dangler hanger was also broken and I do t know which came first… but it could have caused extra stress on the axel. I could have also just been riding hard and put a bunch of impact into this wheel.

Roli is due for a new helmet, I guess. It’s for the best. This thing has never fit right.

1 Like

3 Likes

JRA?

3 Likes

That’ll buff right out

1 Like

Say it ain’t so: The Assploded Bikes Parts Picture Thread

1 Like

Oh my, that’s gonna need duct tape and superglue.

2 Likes

internal cables should hold it together long enough to get home

1 Like