Say it ain't so: The Assploded Bike Parts Picture Thread.

We don’t pay for water either, in most places, unless you are stupid enough to buy it in a plastic container! I think they pay for water in Auckland, and so they should, they use most of it.

We pay for water, it’s a scarce commodity here.

The answer here is to drill your rims out for Schrader and get some of those valves.

Schrader is the clearly superior valve for tubeless applications. Presta is a stupid holdover.

Being able to air down without needing any extra tools or anything is pretty nice.

It’s also a helluva lot easier to add sealant through a schrader valve stem.

Sounds like we need to invent presta boost.

19 Likes

Am I the only dipshit that has to google presta vs schraeder on a regular basis?

1 Like

is it? you have the valve in the way. at least with presta it’s an open hole once you remove the valve. also no tools needed to deflate

You can also remove Schrader valve cores, at which point it is also a small pipe. Not sure that is a big difference. I like that Presta doesn’t require an extra cap but after thinking about it a minute I’m not sure why else I like them better.

schraeder is ubiquitous in industry for a reason. it’s a really good, robust, easy to service, and very functional check valve.

yes?

2 Likes

They’re both an open pipe once you remove the valve.

You pump it up with your hand pump enough to be able to ride to a gas station. Or, more often, your realise your pressure is a little low after leaving home and you stop at a gas station when you come across one.

Are there frame pumps for shrader? That would be my concern.

You can set up an hpx for schraeder

1 Like

Schrader to presta adaptor.

1 Like

But that just kinda ruins it for me

Edit: topeak framepumps are also reversible which i didnt know. So there i go

MSW mini has both P/S.

https://www.gravelbike.com/airlift-220-pump/

My Lezyne HV works for Schrader with the hose flipped and man let me tell you pumping air with this configuration is a pleasure. Vertically stiff and laterally stiff.

3 Likes