Say it ain't so: The Assploded Bike Parts Picture Thread.

1 Like

Yeah thats what i have

I had one of those but I like this one better.

Probably doesn’t do Schrader, not that I have any reason to ever find out.

3 Likes

It does. Unscrew the cap the valve goes into and flip the insert.

3 Likes

Now you have no excuse

1 Like

I’m not looking.

Gotta get some presta tubes for the kids bikes so I never have to find out.

1 Like

Been thinking about painting mine to match the scott, but it’s currently just stickered to hell.
not the greatest pic, but you get the idea.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAUDImvFZwG/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

2 Likes

I tried to just deal with the schrader valves that came on the Katu. It was miserable, maybe because it was a combo of smol wheels and many spokes and having a pump head that could only realistically be attached from one side of the wheel (spokes got in the way). Presta life has already been way better.

Someone makes bent schrader valves for smol wheeled things. Like for strollers and such.

Like a little adapter thing that screws onto the existing valve? I remember seeing something like that for spare tires and dualies.

Snarky response: but mah grams

Ultimately what made me give up on the schraders was not being able to get one of the cores to thread back in.

I’m only finding ones for 10 and 12" tires.

I make bent Presta valves when inflating tires with a frame pump.

10 Likes

I’ve seen actual bent schrader stems. I think my kayak cart has them.

Getting ideas for a none more tiny wheeled bike here

1 Like

my kid’s 16" wheel bike has bent schrader valves, super appreciated after trying to inflate the rear tire on my longjohn, which features this fucking maze:
406mm rim
a billion spokes
big cassette
big rotor
built in rear rack.

I keep a Pedros floor pump around specifically for 20" wheel bikes because it has a tiny pump head

1 Like

looks like a literal ass-plosion, but just really badly faded. I bought these swrve jeans about 6 months ago, and i never even wore them that much. strangers come up to me in public and tell me that i sat in paint

6 Likes

That’s wild, I’ve abused the hell out of my swrve Cordura denim and I’ve got nothing like that.

1 Like

the dye wears pretty quickly on the 3 swrve jeans i have (you know exactly where my phone lives). and then the pockets get holes. but i’ll still buy them cuz the fit and comfort is second to none. but fuck it’s annoying how they do fail on me

1 Like

I was always hesitant to buy the black ones because even swrve said they fade pretty badly, but the 2019 ones were supposed to be better so I gave it a shot. Oh well. All my other pairs are ok to fine, even the ones I bought used, and I bought them all long before this pair.
The blue cordua it’s not so noticeable on when they fade.

toxic farts

4 Likes