Score of the day / nouveau E-Rock'n

From a neighbor’s garage sale, paid $60 for the lot:

-Giant 150mm derper post w/ remote, essentially new.
-Two SRAM shifter mounts I needed for some deadender X-O shifters.
-Riser bar, barely used.
-Front rack, built from tubular steel. Mfr unknown. Kinda Nitto-esque, seems like chrome under the black paint. The struts are located for lowrider rack boss attachment, near as I can tell. Note little hand stitched leather wrap, not sure what that’s for, maybe a canti brake straddle hanger kept rattling against the rack tube? The flat front reflector tab makes me think maybe it’s a production rack?

Craigslist is dead here, but there are so many bikey folks you just gotta find the right yard sale. @motorbacon do you know a Colin, mechanic for the Giant off-road/Enduro team?

3 Likes

If you don’t need that dropper and want to make some bux I’ll buy it if it’s 30.9

It is 30.9. I’ll let you know, might need a 125, but won’t know for sure until the bike is all together.

Meeting him on the 23rd.

What’s up?

You can run a 125mm cartridge in it. Boom 125mm deeper.

Is Colin your neighbor? Small fucking world if so.

Good to know about the cartridge!

He lives a block away, never met him until the garage sale. Sometimes there is a huge Giant branded dually pulling a big 5th wheel trailer parked out front so I always wondered who it was.

1 Like

that would be the riv-designed nitto mini front rack with the legs de-bent

1 Like

A-ha! That explains the not-arrow-straight current condition of the legs.

$50, with a few bags of parts and a kidback setup with custom tiny crank arms.

25 Likes

score! cool thomson quill stem :wink:

2 Likes

Score, did it come with the handjob?

1 Like

Custom

Yes, but no toe jam unfortunately.

Yeah, that’s a steezy dad-machine.

1 Like

$20 Rockhopper. Not a mega-score but pretty good, even if most of the parts are crap it’s worth it just for the frame.
(seller’s pic)

7 Likes

Picked these out of the trash a couple nights ago - superbe hubs to arayas:

6 Likes

man I miss my ancient tubulars. I had some 36h mavic something or others laced to cheap cheap modern hubs. Loved em. Felt like I was flying on spaghetti

curb scored a globe hybrid ytoday. needs new tire and spoke and lube, but should be easy to flip after spending an hour on it.

3 Likes

The curb gods are paying you back for that tandem!

Big ups to @jimmythefly for facilitating for me a $100 Kona Jake!!!

Can’t wait to explore some powerline trails around here and hopefully not get gunned down by Whitey

3 Likes