Score of the day / nouveau E-Rock'n

A basically brand-new set of PD-M520 for $10. It looks like they were only used for a 0-mph fallover.

5 Likes

LBS had a big curbside yard sale, mostly junk bikes but a few fun things. Ended up with a 700x47 studded tire for no reason, but psyched for the xtr and da crank (with 46/39 rings no less) $85 for everything, not a steal but I could make it back on eBay if I had to.

4 Likes

There are replacement spiders for the xtr crank

Noice

I’m basically a full year late to this post but my college friend’s dad, Rick Jorgensen was the guy who designed and (I think?) built those tandems.

I think he still has a bike frame business on the side of his main gig doing structural engineering if I am remembering correctly. His company tagline has always been:

Tango - Why pay less?

1 Like

Take a wild guess who I got the bike from.

Rick? Jeff?

1 Like

Rick. I’ve worked on his Westfalia a bunch, we got to talking about bikes and after telling me about the time he and his son toured on this tandem or one like it one thing led to another and now I’ve got this long bike.

2 Likes

Nice. I only met him once on the way to Downieville with Jeff, but he seemed like a super nice dude.

2 Likes

Dream of the 90s found me today at the dump

:star_struck:

9 Likes

The cd or the boom box

The boom box. I done been had the CD.

I’ve had the minidisc player that matches the boom box since the 90s. Always wanted the boom box.

3 Likes

So my old employer is about to leave the building they’ve been in for the last 12 years and they’re in the last stages of clearing out all the accumulated junk. They had a pile of old frames and stuff that were used in the past for testing and research. My buddy who also has connections there dibsed a few last month with the provision that anyone who receives them makes a donation to a charity. He thought I might want the hooker elite frame/fork/handlebars they had so I guess it’s mine now. Going to throw some money and parts to the local bike co-op.

These things look like this:

2 Likes

How does that front wheel attach to the fork?

Bolts I believe, fork has countersunk holes.

That is very cool!

Yeah they’re neat. Built in house at hooker which was/is a motor sports parts company. The owner was into Ironman and TT stuff. They extruded the 6061 aero tubes in house. Fork is steel and super narrow blades, like an ashtabula fork.

2 Likes

Please put VO klunker bars on it.

4 Likes

If I ever ride it maybe I will.

Turns out the fork wasn’t in the box, so that complicates things. The bars are wild though, I’ll post a pic when I get around to unpacking it. They are “aero or die” with no base bar and brake levers integrated into the extensions.

2 Likes

Proprietary hub? Or could you smang some 650c fork on there in a pinch?

1 Like