search the hoard: new wanted/looking for thread

@iwillbe or any other mech hoarders- would anyone be into a 6800 mini group? riding my road bike has reminded me that i kinda don’t like shimano on the curly bars these days and i will soon have a spare set of rival bois

1 Like

Im all ears- this is rim braked? How mini is mini?

it is rim brakes. would probably be shakes and the things they make index. idk about brakes cuz these work just fine. gonna be a real bastard with ultegra cranks and brakes and rival shakes and mover
gotta remember if rival pulls enough to make the brakes work optimally. @adem? i feel like i recall them pulling more than shimano?

1 Like

Wtb cheap af 12x100/12x142 700c disc wheels to use with 700x35 commuter tires

Best I can do is that with 15mm front axle.

1 Like

U live too far away but thank u

I got a 12x142 wtb i19 wheel that would need to be dished and a sun charger 15x142/15x100 wheelset that is in rough but very rideable shape.

Not driving to Portland tho

2 Likes

I don’t have anything and I’m not coming to Portland for a couple of weeks

2 Likes

Their mayor might involuntarily commit you STAY AWAY. Also any one have any 1” headset spacers/top cap laying around?

How much

Need 15mm of spacers

Anyone in the Baltimore/DMV area looking to unload a road bike? My brother just moved to the burbs and is looking to explore the roads there. What I have in mind is a 56-58cm frame with a 9sp or later groupset, leaning light so more CAAD than LHT. an old Redline CX is probably the ideal but wouldn’t discount a beater OCLV.

Where are all these older bikes hiding anyway?

I think they’re in @iwillbe garage.

1 Like

Best I can do is a 61cm Crosscheck on the very southern end of the DMV blob.

I have a 56cm lugged steel Trek 560 from the late 1980s that’s got 10sp SCHRAM goodies hanging off of it, but I’m in Tacoma and I’d have to ship it to you.

Probably not as light as you’re looking for, but I’d be willing to sell it to you anyways

That’s a recipe for a great riding bike. Miss every '80s Trek I ever owned.

ask on paceline if you have an account there?

Wanna buy one?

2 Likes

Counterpoint: my ‘84 720 was super noodly(in an unnerving way) with any weight on the rear rack and it juddered and shimmied horribly with any weight(even just an empty bag) on the front. I think it was just really underbuilt for a long ass wheelbase touring bike.