Should I Purchase This Item?

Easy flip, but I suspect disc brake models sell a lot better.

Make the ultimate commuter?

I was looking at this one. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F382774012285

No discs. Anyways I don’t think I’m going to take the chance of having that much money tied up in a bike right now

The one person in the country willing to pay more than $400 now has an old canti moots soft tail it seems, I wouldn’t buy to flip

Buy it and turn it into a sweet commooter

does that frame just flex into that wishbone butthole?

just lettin it ride these days huh

I have just found out that my 1 hour commute is on the highest usage heavy vehicle road in the country. Some of these fukkas in trucks are clearly taking the piss. I got cut off one morning. And rung up the Quarry where the trucks were coming from. The guy on the phone laughed at me, told me I was the enemy and generally was a complete wanker. I am so gutted I didn’t have my phone on record. I had a bleat on FB, and the next morning, this dude publishes this footage of the same thing happening to him, only it was a bit closer. He uses the Rideye camera which has a “black-box” in it. Rods footage on FB. Does anyone know much about the Rideye? I have seen some bad stuff about them breaking and the company not honouring warranty etc. Just wondered if anyone had any real-world experience with them? I swore I’d never ride with one of these but I guess If I get killed it would be worth having some footage for the Coroner.

I tested a Cycliq equivalent light / camera combo
The camera wasn’t great and the image got washed out by headlights but it was ok and I understand the cameras are much better now than 5 years ago

Cheers, that was the other model I’d heard about.

I have the Cycliq but I’ve never needed it.

1 Like

Yeah. I guess if you need it its too late. A guy I know, who is recovering from a motorist induced head injury he got from cycling confronted a tradie who punishment passed him yesterday, and got a nail gun shoved in his face. The cops turned up with guns. And gave him a warning, and told the cyclists he shouldn’t have confronted the tradie. NZ is getting a really bad rep from visitors as a bad place to ride ( on the road ).

Is it wrong to want to buy something just for the pedals?

1 Like

Would be a good deal if it was $250 less.

Oh god cmon
You could cnc those yourself
They used to be like $100 on ebay

Rain jacket and pants is too much for spring time drizzle commutes and I’m sick of getting my jeans wet in the morning. Looking at one of these.

http://www.bicycleclothing.com/Rain-Capes.html

Just the cape, not the mushroom cap.

1 Like

i’d like to know what it’s like to ride around wearing a tent.

1 Like

I’ll let you know

You’re relegated to role-playing the opponent in the cat6 thread now. Sorry, thems the rules.

5 Likes

I’m cape-curious too. Let us know how much it sucks or doesn’t suck.

It’s going to stop raining if I buy it.

1 Like

by buying and then throwing away capes, you can contol the weather! It’s the world’s cheapest path to being a supervillain

4 Likes