So does the Motobecane Fantom Cross UNO totally suck?

eh, its a cross bike… I have other things to worry about more than if my bum feels nice.

but yes, I love me some slr… although I have gone toupe the last few seasons.

to get a decent fit…? maybe the stock setup matches your preferred contact points, but probably not.

also the levers are absolute garbage. i like old, narrow, shimano aero levers, and the bikesdirect ones LOOK like they should be mostly similar, but no. feels bad, man.

So, basically you are saying don’t buy any complete? And don’t have anything else against this bike?

if it’s something to ride for a season of cross then sell? sounds like a decent plan. if you wind up liking sscx, then you have another however-many months to find a “nicer” bike for the following season.

on any complete bike, you’ll have a certain amount of nice shit, a certain amount of stuff you don’t want. aside from the fact that this bike IS a ss cross bike, i don’t see anything appealing about it. but, then again, it’s not like there’s, say, a similarly priced bike with 130 spacing, freehub, and horiz dropouts.

bianchi san jose?

Yeah, that San Jose is the jam, but it’s $200 more. If I had had more forethought, I would have snagged one back in the spring for super cheap. As it is, I have most of the “nice” parts that the San Jose includes in my parts bin, although the disc brake tabs look pretty awesome.

Want a San Jose for a commuter real bad.

Gotta start trolling craigslist for one in my size.

felt makes the breed which looks cool. Should be able to find some shop kids in the states to hook you up also.

I know this is strictly Uno but goddamn I feel like bikesdirect is trollin with this and its absolutely hilarious. They just got mega points in my book for this.

wasn’t gonna say it before, but… EJ, get bc a felt.

[quote=DinoCat]I know this is strictly Uno but goddamn I feel like bikesdirect is trollin with this and its absolutely hilarious. They just got mega points in my book for this.

[/quote]

[quote=VT tallbike][quote=DinoCat]I know this is strictly Uno but goddamn I feel like bikesdirect is trollin with this and its absolutely hilarious. They just got mega points in my book for this.

[/quote]
[/quote]

lmao

Hah

lawlesome

hahahaha.

I owned one for a while, and I thought it was fine and wouldn’t have hesitated to race on it. I’m sure you have all the little bits you’d want to replace lying around, so with a new rear wheel (assuming you have a front you could borrow from another bike) you’d be pretty well set to go.

I’m also with VT on the saddle. It’s chunky but I could get a good 40 miles on it before I started squirming a bit and was able to do up to 60 without any serious problems.

[quote=octopus magic][quote=VT tallbike][quote=DinoCat]I know this is strictly Uno but goddamn I feel like bikesdirect is trollin with this and its absolutely hilarious. They just got mega points in my book for this.

[/quote]
[/quote]

lmao[/quote]
victory is sweet indeed.

not that i would ever in a million years buy and/or ride one, but i like that PK Ripper thing.

You haters may form a line on the left to suckle my huevos

[quote=Captain Gnarlock]not that i would ever in a million years buy and/or ride one, but i like that PK Ripper thing.

You haters may form a line on the left to suckle my huevos[/quote]

The nostalgia thread is that way. ------->