so this girl...

how about just give her what she wants? she doesn’t want a basket endowed mixte. point her in the direction of pink ourys, colored tires, and the nearest powdercoater. she’ll get over it and then you can think about building up a nice mixte.

this. and, why are you trying to give her what you want or what you think is cool? let her try different things and explore what she will like. maybe she should fill out an application to be your friend

‹littlebear› buttseckes fine, but food sex…

This one now has a wicker basket zip-tied to the rack, Shimano 600 cranks and brake caliper, a bell, and a lightset.

This one now has a bottlecrate zip-tied to the rack, and Specialized sealed bearing track pedals with black clips and pink straps.

[quote=SuperVillain]This one now has a wicker basket zip-tied to the rack, Shimano 600 cranks and brake caliper, a bell, and a lightset.

[/quote]

that is a beautiful bike, usually not a matchy rack guy but it works.
what kind of frame is that

Thanks, it’s an old Centurion Cavaletto, powdercoated.

This is easy, just go look at bike and find our what she thinks is girly. It is a win win win. She will answer her own question, you will get to spend time together, and most importntly she will likly ride her bike more if she likes it. Little bear is right, give her/ help her figure out what she wants and you will both be happier.

^^^ God damn your bikes always look amazing.

girls should just man up and ride regular bikes.

she does have a regular bike, one of those grey Masi fixed gears
she wants to make it more girly

im trying to tell her how to make it classier. or convince her to get a girl bike

[quote=GRHebard]that bikes hot.
shes too stuck on the party foul trend to think that bike is cool tho

basically, she asked me how she could make her masi fixed gear more girly.
i told her to get a basket.
and she said thats stupid.
and i said how a basket/non-drops/and fenders are awesome

if this bike had a basket, it would be perfect to explain my point

[/quote]

I went to highschool with the girl you speak of.

[quote=GRHebard]she does have a regular bike, one of those grey Masi fixed gears
she wants to make it more girly

im trying to tell her how to make it classier. or convince her to get a girl bike[/quote]

shrink; pink

[quote=frankstoneline][quote=GRHebard]that bikes hot.

[/quote]

I went to highschool with the girl you speak of.[/quote]

yessir, we’ve been over this
lulz

mixte =/= “girl” bike

I’m fixing my Mom’s old 84 peugeot mixte (the one I used to ride on the back of in a child carrier) up with some upright bars and a leather saddle. I don’t think I’ll be able to give it back to her, I’ll want it for myself.

[quote=GRHebard][quote=frankstoneline][quote=GRHebard]that bikes hot.

[/quote]

I went to highschool with the girl you speak of.[/quote]

yessir, we’ve been over this
lulz[/quote]

word, I just like to point it out, its like that weird 6 degrees of separation or whatever.
I think some of those swept back cruiser bars with ourys would be dope/ladylike. Maybe a ladies specific brooks? I dunno how else to lady up a bike.

i dont think the bicycle type makes it a “girly” bike. baskets and fenders arent really girly at all either. i think girly is more of a color scheme choice.

like this girl:

definitely girly

extreme girly

subtle girly

subtle girly but i’d ride it too

how well orchestrated component colors go together make it a girly bike. sometimes i really cant tell if its a guy or girl’s bike sans girly accessories (hello kitty, cutesy stickers, etc…). if it looks good, it looks good!

now I want some hello kitty stickers for my bike.