Soma Grand Randonneur Frame+Extras (58cm)

I don’t have pictures yet but I just broke down my Grando to pursue other projects.

58cm, version 2(3?) It’s the red and white one with the french bend on the fork.

You get:

Frame
Fork
Needle headset
Canti brakes (tektro something-or-other)
Berthoud 650x50mm chrome fenders
Nitto M-12 rack

The paint is far from perfect but there are no dents. There is a small chainsuck scar. This thing has been on many camping trips and has seen thousands of miles and the paint shows it. The fenders have their fair share of dings, but are far from trashed.

It rides quite nice, it clears byways if you’re not running fenders, and it’s ridiculously low trail.

If there’s actually any interest on here I’ll get some more pics, and I really don’t know what to price this at. I’d ship it bikeflights from Denver, CO and you’d pay actual shipping.

I figure a fair tarckprice for this stuff’d be like $350+ship? I’d ask more on craigslist.

1 Like

I have a friend looking for one. In Germany, but will let him know and send a DM if interested

Yeah, if he’s interested in paying what I imagine to be steep shipping charges, I’ll get it cleaned up and take some real pics.

V.2 won’t clear fenders with byways?

Not sure, haven’t actually tried.

Ohhh okay. Just wondering, My V.1 has byways and fenders, little bit of a squeeze but seems fine.

1 Like

Bumping this because it’s been sitting on a peg in my garage for a year.

Still available? Very interested if so. I am in Sacramento 95816.

not a good look, nickm

Sorry, did I do something against forum rules/etiquette? If so I apologize.

your first post is asking to buy something that was posted over a year ago. i think most communities view that as a bit of a red flag

post your bike in the new folx thread and engage with the community before buying or selling stuff.

Who is your daddy and what does he do?

3 Likes

lol.

I actually still do have it, BUT I decided that I’m gonna build it up as my townie rainbike, sorry NickM.

This is why I suggested 100 posts before marketplace is visible

5 Likes

Hey @kmcdon, let me know how you like the Grand Rando as a townie. I am in the market for a new commuter bike (Soma Double Cross just got stolen), and was thinking about building a G.R. with moustache-style bars and a nice front rack. Curious to how it feels with the slack geometry.

A lot of nerve to have a first post in the sale subforum

4 Likes

Eh they aren’t actually trying to buy or sell anything. It’s ok i figure. @echo please consider posting your bike in the new people thread first.

@mods

I would support making this section only visible to higher trust level members. Let the software rather than culture enforce our norms eh?

2 Likes

I didn’t notice anything in the About of FAQ about waiting to post in the marketplace, but I’ll stick to the community forums. This comment just popped up in my search results when I Googled “Grand Randoneur Townie” so I just thought I’d make an account and ask about it.

I did post my late bike in the Nu person thread though.

5 Likes

TIL we have a FAQ
And it’s really nicely written, whoever wrote it!

nu guy were happy to have you

4 Likes

For sure. It was more of an unstated thingy. You are welcome here (but i recommend that you don’t try to buy or sell anything until people know you a bit)