Souplesse Casings and Bike Soup - The Tire Thread

You both should really try the Vittoria Terreno Dry.

4 Likes

You want another pair of 42s? I have a set of the tan sidewall ones NIB

I like those tires too. Rode a pair into the ground on my Wolverine a few years ago.

I’m open to new grav grav if I ever put CG to that work. Sady it has remained more dormant or in road mode. h/g would do the gravel rides. Do also want to try the 36 Strada Bianca for the c/g if I ever remember to order when in stock on Q, which they appear to be if the code from my drafts is correct for them.

Also, I like spec tires because dummy cheap (even more now that owned retail), and pretty solid.

1 Like

Do you still have your OG CG?

1 Like

which sizes specifically?

I also see TNT and TLR and “Folding” casings

Yup yup, could use a refesh on the paint (never was good, but some bits peeling up from either pedal contact in travel or something else). Pink and yellow plast dipped carbon fork.
Maybe I will work on it before contemplating some trainer duty when winter comes.

1 Like

The 38 is really a 40. That’s the one we sell the most of. The 650b ones are nice too.

With all the current ones the grey sidewall is the regular casing and the tan is the lighter lest cut resistant.

Maybe for the silver bike-- the pink bike is getting roadie slicks next. Maybe the Roubaix Pro. I’ve loved those.

I may take you up on this. I’ll DM in a few weeks.

1 Like

I called Specialized near the beginning of Summer about this and they said stock was prioritized for physical locations so to use the the store finder online, which I did and got some from the Out Spokin’ in Woodstock. Of course, now it seems like the store finder is broken but I suspect you’d know or can find out the other Specialized shops around Atlanta.

Also, maybe 700cx47 model is coming, which would be sick - 700cx32 showed up on the website a few months before it was in stock.

2 Likes

BRR said it sucked

I saw that. Definitely doesn’t correlate with experience here. Even in the BRR review there’s some confusion about the TLR vs TNT and results that don’t seem to track with their usual findings. So who the heck knows.

It is a $55 tire that is extremely reliable (we have yet to experience any issues with ones we have sold first hand or reports of issues in the field) and as of today we have sold 101 of the 700x38 with grey sidewalls.

I’m not going to put it in the same category as a handmade Challenge tire though.

The tan sidewall ones are definitely easier to cut.

Also of note… this tire won UCI gravel worlds (in the smaller sizes). Not that this alone says anything, but it’s cool that a pair of $55 off the rack tires did that.

So YMMV I guess.

1 Like

I think in 700-32 I’d go for the Roubaix Pro if I am paying full retail. I loved these tires for the time I had them, and Reid has experienced 0 issues with them now that they’ve got the set on the Serotta.

I am curious what my LBS carries these days as their go-to 700x35-38 tire. IME 700x32-38 is a bit of a blind spot for most shops/riders as people wanting road tires stick to <30mm and those seeking gravel look for >45.

Then again maybe most people are not as picky as Tarck when it comes to tires.

2 Likes

yes

4 Likes

32 roubaix pro is so so good for $40 or whatever it has inflated to.
rolls way nicer than you’d expect for its weight and construction and has been properly devoid of problems in the many miles i’ve put in on them

2 Likes

I took a set of tires into the 5000 mile zone once and I will never again. Life is too short for that kind of risk.

Did you notice if the rubber got hard or squared off?

Not that I’ve noticed. Frankly, I think a part of the long life of my tires attributes to my lighter weight. If I was heavier I doubt they’d have lasted as long.

1 Like

Yeah I weigh a lot

I’ve got at least 5k on a set of compass (pre-reen).

I did something like 6k on gp4000sII and near the end of life they were squared out and super sketchy on descents