Souplesse Casings and Bike Soup - The Tire Thread

sounds like the tire was going through a rough divorce

9 Likes

Yeah, it got divorced from my wheel.

4 Likes

this is the first reen that I’ve had a ton of trouble with. I’ve worn out (read: destroyed the sidewalls on) at least a bongs worth.

If only Jan had let Braden warranty it!

1 Like

If you want to soak it in vintage NYC garbage water and mail it to them I’ll cover the postage.

8 Likes

I know Braden has sung their praises already, but the Terreno Dry tires are pretty great :+1:

2 Likes

Somewhat disappointed that this measures only ~78mm on an i45 rim. Hopefully it corners better than the Ground Control Grid or Coronado (both 27.5 x 3.0).

1 Like

The 35mm GP5k TR AS is top of the list for BRR to review next:

Looks like the AS is shipping in all sizes but the 35mm version. BRR has a review on the 25mm version.

The tl;dr is that they have better puncture resistance and wet grip, which I’m stoked on, but they give up 2-3W vs. the S TR. Still roughly as fast as the Schwalbe TLE Pro One Addix, which is considered a very fast tire. Wet grip is the best they’ve measured so far.

4 Likes

I think I need the 5kAS, the regulars are a little too flat prone around here

I’ve been running 32s all winter and they’ve been a little less durable than the old version. Looking forward to these arriving in June, unfortunately the wet grip will be wasted. Might save them for the fall.

anyone mess with these or American Classic tires in general?

My friend just keeps telling me to run Maxxis on new bike but (barring a couple of Yankee world series parades as a youth) I’ve never been a frontrunner.

Was gonna try Delium but saw a thread about knobs tearing off pretty fast so quality seems questionable there.

1 Like

I have a Delium in the front so I can’t really shralp off knobs, but I’d say losing knobs is more due to the soft rubber they use than a quality thing.

looks a bit worse than that

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/delium-tires.1203487/post-15672433

The value is probably in getting Specialized tires but I don’t like them lol

Yeah, same tire, no sign of tearing for me.

Sounds like it was a warranty thing. How long have you been using it?

Had it about a year, but it’s not on my primary bike. Riding here is all rocks, all the time.

metal tires or no?

1 Like

ultra American set of damage trials: “let’s see, what are the things that can damage a space car… uh, fire? rocks? cold? checks local news ah yes how could I have forgotten”

1 Like

there’s also this jawn coming in the next couple months for 35mm / 40mm / 45mm

2 Likes