Steel road bikes

The new tarck?

No, tarck is the new steel road bike.

I’m pretty sure that they never really stopped being popular. They’re too pretty to not be popular.

And I thought that bonechillery said that CX is the new tarck.

Yeah, steel is real.

i cant find them cheap anymore

Lugged steel or welded steel? Vintage looking rando-type bikes are certainly gaining popularity.

All the lugged steel bikes in the Bay Area have been bought by party foul converters or craigslist speculators. As of about a year ago, you could actually find much better deals on eBay than on SF-area CL.

Here in mpls/st.paul, there’s still the occasional bike co-op find to be had (my Schwinn’s one), but they’re definitely getting harder to come by.

I wanna build one for myself but tarck ideas consistently get in the way.
Can get Panasonic road frames and really want one recently. :frowning:

Get one of those awesome titanium road frames! So pretty.

All the lugged steel bikes in the Bay Area have been bought by party foul converters or craigslist speculators. As of about a year ago, you could actually find much better deals on eBay than on SF-area CL.[/quote]

Yeah, no shit. I’ve recently spent time searching CL on other places and ended up buying two frames off of ebay, both from the midwest. The first was an older shitty Bianchi that I built up as a conversion and the second being a Specialized Allez that I’m building up as a mustachioed road bike for my girlfriend.

All the lugged steel bikes in the Bay Area have been bought by party foul converters or craigslist speculators. As of about a year ago, you could actually find much better deals on eBay than on SF-area CL.[/quote]

Yeah, no shit. I’ve recently spent time searching CL on other places and ended up buying two frames off of ebay, both from the midwest. The first was an older shitty Bianchi that I built up as a conversion and the second being a Specialized Allez that I’m building up as a mustachioed road bike for my girlfriend.[/quote]

I got my Miyata 912 from somewhere in flyover country.

where in Oakland are you, and what size frame do you ride? we need to make sure we aren’t competing for the same CL gems.

Fruitvale, in Oakland. I ride ~57cm, my girlfriend rides ~50-51cm. I’ve pretty much given up on CL for frames, though.

Dude, we live in the same hood and ride the same size bike. Are you sure we’re not the same person?

I picked up my Guerciotti a couple of months back off the bay for $600, Columbus SL tubing, and Campy chorus grouppo. Had a couple of scratches and thats about it. They’re out there if you look hard enough. I guess you’re looking at CL though… shipping is spendy sometimes.

gears r 4 queers

Aluminium is real too, it just doesn’t rhyme

I thought steel road frames with chopped RD hangers were pretty tarck already.

That being said get ready to see an influx of steel 1x9 setups and CX bikes. If you want either buy now before trust funds start getting thrown at those too.

CX is the new tarck. Is it weird to want a steel CX bike with a CF fork and use it for fixed/road riding part of the time? When are they gonna make the Jury knockoff crosschecks? Think a derailler hanger could be welded to a rob?