Stickers

I’m.pretty sure I understand why tarck wants the sticker. I don’t think I understand the joke that the original sticker was made for and I’m totally not sure how people could see and want the stickers for some really negative reason, other than really not liking Jan.

Does anyone actually understand all of this?

Nothing means anything

2 Likes

Nice troll. +10 for originality; the utter incoherence of your rant really lifts it above the traditional attempt to sound reasonable.

3 Likes

21 Likes

Not me.
Something about a small sticker with the name of a person I kind of know about, inspiring this much of a reaction… well, that just tickles my appreciation for harmless (?) engagement per square inch. Should I be ashamed of myself?

1 Like
  1. Dude fucks around with a malicious tone sticker
  2. Dude feels bad and stopped giving away
  3. Niche nerd forum appropriates sticker in a less malicious but still feel baddy way and bootlegs
  4. Dude finds out nerds make similar jokes and doesn’t want to participate because online nerds are nerds
  5. Nerds spam
  6. ???
  7. PROFIT
3 Likes

it’s about ppl in online forums who get riled up enough about some nobody writing bad product tests that they’d distill into tribes and get stickers made. but no one actually did that aside from chasea so it’s all a false flag to escalate forums drama (grade A trolling that i’m a fan of)

then he apparently chickened out when he realized people actually despised yann this much and didn’t want to be associated with that.

OTOH if you made “i rode a bike designed by pvd and all i got was brain trauma and a trip to the ER” stickers, he’d come out and stab you.

13 Likes

It’s hard for me to imagine yann inspiring so much ire that such a sticker could register as menacing/malicious. I believe it happened, I just have trouble imagining it.

it’s a joke but claiming someone is wrong opens yourself up to defamation and libel lawsuits

“In my opinion, Jan Heine is wrong” doesn’t have the same ring to it

2 Likes

“Don’t worry about it, this is a slam dunk - I got Jarno Beirman as expert witness…”

[quote="stumphumper, post:73, topic:
if you made “i rode a bike designed by pvd and all i got was brain trauma and a trip to the ER” stickers, he’d come out and stab you.
[/quote]

Ok are we doing holo foil or puffy print

7 Likes

“PvD insulted me online”

You’d sell hundreds

15 Likes

theres a very interesting thing here that everyone is either looking past intentionally or weirdly looking past unintentionally where someone made a thing and then someone else took it and “sold” it without any indication that it wasn’t their own made thing. by my eye that seems to be intentionally unmentioned. clearly OP is not making money but I do find it in poor taste.

while I would have advised our visitor to approach the whole thing a bit differently, I absolutely do not blame them and I’m certainly more understanding of their frustration than i am of the tarckers who are making a mockery of it.

9 Likes

Disagree. People sell others wares without announcing it all the time.

Example:
Bikes for sale

*Please note I did not make these.

airtight argument

case closed

4 Likes

Serious Q, how would you feel about it if there was a “Jan Heine is Wrong” sticker that wasn’t a complete rip of the original? i.e. transmogrified into the Rivendell logo style somehow

I mostly agree with you but the current meme-y nature of social media blurs the lines for me a bit. I am curious whether the complainant would feel differently if the sticker was more of a riff than a rip (I suspect they’d still be pissed but who knows)

This what what I was trying to get words together to say last night and failing. I definitely would have responded differently and even had some second thoughts at the time.

1 Like

If anyone sent money and wants it back let me know

2 Likes

then its just referential and a whole new thing atmo. I’m also not opposed to reprinting someone else’s thing for a small community, but to evade admitting it’s not your own thing is the issue here for me.

its funny this is happening now when 20 minutes ago on IG I asked for shirt pressing options for stealing copywritten and protected logo. in that case its the NFL, and the disrespect of the copyright is 100% the point. the point here seems to be to share something funny with the community but until the visitor showed up I was crediting the gag to OP, which would be incorrect.

1 Like