Stuntin' like my daddy: tarckstars need bikes too.

lol

It was not quite as silly as expected. He hopped on the 16" and used the hand brake like a pro.

If anyone in Portland is looking for a 16" purple Magna with lavendar veeps, I have one that I can kick down.

The little one is now rocking a Spec’d that I bought used from Sellwood Cycle.

for some reason it just popped into my head how awful it’d be to remove the “iz” from specialized on a kid’s bike.

[quote=EJ]Man I kind of really like the way the Tachyon is set up right now, ain’t gonna steel parts off of it. Looks like Sheldon’s kid did a 25 mile ride on a tandem with a short stoker kit at age 2.5. Waylon is going to be 4 in May, I’m just going to bite the bullet and get a kit for ours over the winter.

Looks take the better part of $600 to set it up right.[/quote]
I considered this for a while, but just got a free trail-a-bike instead. fits on hitch rack and works pretty good. I think we did 22 miles on that setup.

also these look good for the price/weight/no coaster brakes.

[quote=Sneaky Viking]also these look good for the price/weight/no coaster brakes.

[/quote]

Yeah. Those look nice.

Got Waylon to ride his strider a little bit today (he’s not been super interested TBH) and realized his seat post is already maxed out. Dug around the net looking for the xl seatpost for them and ran across these…

Holy crap, I hope NWA gets enough snow for these.

TAF pink flouro Strider acquired
$40 on ye Craiges

Hopefully Rosy likes it more than her Adams craptank

Still stuntin’!

Henry wants a mtn bike for 5th birthday. I looked at Spawn and Cleary, but this Raleigh Rowdy 16" looks about the same (2 brakes, freewheel, light) for $220. Sucks because it’s on Raleigh Corporate discount for 1/3 less, but sold out. Still pretty good value tho.

needs knobbies.

edit: in stock sometime late March!

lol didn’t see this was from 2014. Was confused coz I was thinking I’ve seen a bunch of these minitarckers on different IGs wondering why they’re on balance bikes still

21 pounds isn’t the worst

but the normal Islabikes 16" is 14.5lb

amazon shipping weight isn’t a real measurement.
alloy frame/fork/seatpost/rims/hubs/brakes/cranks… I’m sure it’s under 20lbs.

i forgot about this thread. cleary gecko in my house right now. built up super nice. full-size v brakes!. tiniest levers. the wheels were moderately out of true and the hubs were super super tight. adjusted hubs and now we’re spinning for days.
brenner’s birthday isn’t for 8 more days but i’m not sure i can wait that long to give it to him

[quote=fix]i forgot about this thread. cleary gecko in my house right now. built up super nice. full-size v brakes!. tiniest levers. the wheels were moderately out of true and the hubs were super super tight. adjusted hubs and now we’re spinning for days.
brenner’s birthday isn’t for 8 more days but i’m not sure i can wait that long to give it to him[/quote]
oh you gotta do the take him into the basement to see it, don’t tell mom, take it around the block once, then put it away till his b-day routine.

hahaha no i’d never forgive myself

took the kids to a little 1 mile loop today, tehn felt bad for Henry still on his too small 12" bike. Stopped by the old shop and asked the owner if he had any used 16s kicking around- he pointed me to a sticker-covered one in the back of the storage area. So I ended up with a free Hotrock. Coaster brakes still, but the price was right.

nice! saved yourself like $225

I might still get the Raleigh if it comes in stock in a month at discount price.

I tried out some long reach BMX caliper brakes on the Hotrock and the back still doesn’t reach, so I’d have to go out of my way to get a longer reach brake + wheel + freewheel = at least $50. And I’d still have a bike with 1 piece cranks, steel seatpost, and crappy brakes. I’ll probably use the Hotrock til Henry’s birthday and then clean it up and give it back.

Put some disc tabs and fender mounts on it.