Sugino Messenger warning

Amazing.[/quote]

I’ll just stop cause you seem to be one of those guys.

Edit: Perfect timing, new page, end jackassery.

[quote=“Tbirdbassist”]Yes those are indeed Prolly’s RD’s. He didn’t even do anything radical either, said he did a 180 off a small lip and it went snap. He thought he broke the pedal… guess not.

[/quote]

I love when people say things like this.

I’m willing to bet that he’s done more than just a single one hundred eighty degree whatever on this crankset. It’s not like metal heals. Stresses on top of stresses on top of stresses eventually cause failure. Especially in aluminum.

It’s not like it’s a shoddy product. It’s just that he’s a doofus that’s pulling a bunch of 180’s off of small lips on a set of fucking road cranks, and all of that abuse is eventually going to lead to failure.

i don’t recall anybody saying it was a result of RD’s being shitty. it’s a slightly more extreme case of user error, just like OP.

USER ERROR.

i don’t recall anybody saying it was a result of RD’s being shitty. it’s a slightly more extreme case of user error, just like OP.[/quote]

The guy I quoted definitely said “He didn’t even do anything radical either,” which is something that people generally say when they’re referring to a product breaking prematurely or not holding up to something that it should hold up to. It’s kind of an add on to the “just riding along” and other bullshit that you hear when people complain about stuff breaking when it’s misused.

oh, i’m not going to defend Prolly’s riding style or anything like that. i’m just really over all the internet dickery regarding what other people do with their shit. it’s not like he broke a set of C-Record Pista cranks.

having said that, when one of these tarck trixters pulls off a decade or a miami hopper, then i’ll be impressed.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not bummed about the cranks or anything. Just don’t pretend that road parts are supposed to hold up to dropping stairs and doing all of the 1980’s BMX stuff.

I said that because that particular tirck, isn’t one that I’d think would cause such a break. Especially compared to some of the other stuff. The pedal would usually go, at least it would make sense to, but the weak point however it came to be was that section of the crank arm. I don’t think he had those RD’s very long, not sure. I know he had another set on for a shitlong time before the threads started to strip or some shit, no crank arm cracking problems and the tricks weren’t less then. Metal fails occasionally, big whoop. For a $50 crankset they ain’t bad.

If anything that just how much stress they can take. I wasn’t blaming the product for anything nor would I, anyone expect them to hold up to BMX shit. I have RD’s on my bike, I don’t do tricks, but they make a creaking noise when I climb/put power down because the pedal threads are stripped or something(no, it’s not a grease problem, been there, done that). But they aren’t broken yet so I ain’t buying new ones.

i just want to see some old-school technical flatland.

[quote=“crushkilldestroy”][quote=“Tbirdbassist”]Yes those are indeed Prolly’s RD’s. He didn’t even do anything radical either, said he did a 180 off a small lip and it went snap. He thought he broke the pedal… guess not.

[/quote]

I love when people say things like this.

I’m willing to bet that he’s done more than just a single one hundred eighty degree whatever on this crankset. It’s not like metal heals. Stresses on top of stresses on top of stresses eventually cause failure. Especially in aluminum.

It’s not like it’s a shoddy product. It’s just that he’s a doofus that’s pulling a bunch of 180’s off of small lips on a set of fucking road cranks, and all of that abuse is eventually going to lead to failure.[/quote]

dude mounted a grind guard to a set of road cranks for some sick gross looking sprocket grinds. there are so many ridiculous factors going on with him breaking his cranks including the “little 180s” that it should have been expected and the only you can do is laugh at him for being so stupid. if you want to pretend you’re Craig Grasso in 1987 then think about the parts you’re using or just quit being fashionable and get a bmx.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIwMGkqa6Sw :bear: