TAF, JA, or just WTH?

bags are stuffed with cash

2 Likes

I think it kind of perfectly encapsulates the $$$ boom era for certain industries that may have a lot of healthy lifestyle nerds within them, esp. on the west coast, and which might be somewhat in recession at this very moment. Is this, like, peak fop chariot? From the Japanese titanium frame to the blessing by now-defunct GSC, it is sort of perfect.

yeah thats one of the nicest 90s mtb ive seen in awhile

5 Likes

electronic shifting but cable pull disk brakes? Is this more of the “field repair” nonsense?

No, seems more like headline-grabbing marketing exercise made to raise the brand profile among cyclists. :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

That thing looks like it came from bikesdirect.

2 Likes

13 Likes

still not topping that custom company that made boring road bikes and then bedazzled them with actual jewels. $50k starting price!

1 Like

I’ve been trying to remember the more egregious examples of this marketing subcategory. Got a link?

Lets not forget Supreme bikes. Louis Vuitton bike or bikes. A series of gold-plated bikes. What am I missing?

1 Like

Budnitz
Gucci
Hermes
Kanye

I remember a diesel jeans campaign “the luxury of dirt” had something like “mtbs are cool 10 speeds are not”

There was a guy in Brooklyn wrapping tubes with alligator skin and engraving everything but I tried to google him and it looks like he’s gone

1 Like

Has bikepacking jumped the shark?

that shark was jumped long ago.

We need new trends. Zoomers please help us. The millenials trapped us in a decade of stupid offroad stuff, please make ironic time trialing popular or something. Literally anything!

Speedway racing needs to get popular. Looks so fun, cheap bikes and not much set up.

1 Like

offroad stuff is way better than the LANCE era of wearing lycra to ride bikes

5 Likes

Europe has been doing fixed gear crits on indoor kart tracks. Some of the bikes are right up Tarck’s alley, with fat tires and high BBs.

1 Like

Bring back the F1 bikes

9 Likes

Poseidon tracklocross frames seen just right for this. I saw that red bull doing that, seemed pretty fun. I was picturing the ss, no brake bikes they race around loose oval tracks.

Speedway is still definitely alive in the UK.

I’ve only seen speedway in person once, when a PDXFixed person organized an event at the old PDW/Department of Skate building.

Does anyone remember the photo from BFSSFG of the Nitto Jaguar/B123 on a literal circus bike? Like this, but smaller:

3 Likes

I just want to do some senna worthy dive bombs and feel bad about it later. Surface doesn’t matter, but a loose surface would be more fun.

I should’ve raced cross this year.

1 Like