TAF, JA, or just WTH?

How about a Cervelo R5 on a Z06?

4 Likes

heart be still

2 Likes

R5 on a z06: Drake-nah.jpeg

Endpoint in the bed of an El Corvette: Drake-yea.jpeg

6 Likes

Is that a c4 Corvette? If so, one of our Green Hydrogen scientists has one. I just sent him a Q&A to ask him a bunch of questions about it for our internal staff magazine, including “could you see the day when it could be converted to run of a hydrogen fuel cell”. Apparently the story of how he got it is interesting, not had his reply yet so I don’t know the deets.

I seriously don’t understand how there is even any seatpost in the frame at all.

5 Likes

Someone should print “Min. Insertion” stickers to slap randomly on seat posts to freak out bike nerds.

2 Likes

Bet that’s comfy tho (until it’s very much not)

The whole bike is going to be interesting.

9 Likes

WTF mini mega fat bike for bebe’s? Those bars tho!

4 Likes

What supercharged development do kiddos need if they can already balance and pedal by/before 3? Like the biggest impediment is the kiddos desire and being too short to ride a 14in bike.

• during that whole development stage like 9mo to walking all a kid wants to do is crawl in the dirt and put everything in their mouths.
2 Likes

9 Likes

From the copy, I think the hamwheels have gyros in them?

I don’t see how that would help them learn to balance.

IDK what kids need at that age but I need that at my age. Like a minivelo version. @BicyclePears gets it, something like this:

12 Likes

I don’t think it has gyros - i don’t see anything about it needing power?

might have, like, weights rolling around inside the wheels to keep the CG super low to the ground, so that it passively wants to roll upright like those inflatable punching bags. I think that’s why it has weird globes for wheels.

i think the logic is that it’s semi-self-righting; it helps out without doing all of the work for the kiddo. So the kiddo can start moving around upright earlier than they would be able to without the assistance, which lets them start practicing their balance earlier.

1 Like

I don’t see anyway your not running the back wheel over your feet kicking that?!

so was sockem before socker? socker claims to be the original but i only ever knew of sockem.

2 Likes

oh my god yes

2 Likes

I see a few problems with $30k

1 Like

$30K and I can’t even get it customized to fit me?

1 Like