TAF, JA, or just WTH?

And then the entire bike has to be built around that hub. I’m actually fairly shocked that they remain in business, the German nude beach tourists must have some money to throw around

Also that. Yes.

If Shimano would do di2 IGH in that range it would probably kill them - nothing special required on the frame for that. Last I knew Alfine Di2 was really well priced meaning you’d get all the love, without all the drama, and you can still afford to buy lunch when you’re done.

But last I knew Alfine doesn’t have the same range so this is all pipedream anyhow :colbert:. What Rohloff-rider has here is really big range, no danglers to snap, and no maintenance to worry about, and all it cost them was the price of a second bike. Maybe where they’re going that’s a worthwhile investment. But it’s hard to see from my financial POV.

My whacky friend that bought a hunter-gatherer AND a crust romanceur within a 3 week timeframe is dithering about putting a rolhoff on his ECR.

I just can’t even right now, and I really hope that once he gets the H/G up and running it’ll make him forget that the ECR even exists.

A local dude I know just got a rohloff tumbleweed and while I don’t even like to imagine how much he must have spent on it I can’t help but think it was a practical purchase for him. He’s a voracious bikepacker and the lack of maintenance and risk of failure is very important for someone who rides many miles in the wilderness of Idaho. Is it overkill? Probably. Does he care how much it cost now that he has it? I’m sure he does not

3 Likes

I just feel the bar end Rohloff shifter looks medieval (with the shift cable looping from left to right exposed around the headtube) and must feel torturous to shift

German nude beach

Well they nailed that fender line.

I’m having to get my head around the reality that this is a little person bike. My brain is expecting one set of proportions but seeing another. The disc rotors look comically big and the rear dropouts… I don’t even know what that bigass plate thing is. Not helping anything is oversized tubing. I mean, it’s clean, and has the right componentry, but over and above that would have to give this a pass.

I love it but it needs machined dropouts and a carbon fork.

German computer

best of tarck

1 Like

Spot-on here. My (german) friend has a Rohloff (and SON) on his Tout Terrain and it’s a machine. TBH it is surprisingly zippy too. Would ride.

To be fair:

• I’ve yet to meet a German that would consider eating a vegetarian sausage
  • NA beer is for pregnant / breastfeeding women and “athletes”
2 Likes

Is this the world’s most expensive 2009 Jamis Aurora?

2 Likes

I bet that thing is great for riding to nude beaches.

1 Like

Let’s post some Dario’s <3

6 Likes

I was a big fan of this kirk he painted

7 Likes

Are we really supposed to think this bike is cool?

Its like a FGFS bike and a boring 2012 hybrid had a really expensive baby.

3 Likes

That bike puts me to sleep.

Did they find a container of old Voodoo frames? Even the fork with the rear-facing dropouts looks straight out of 2002.

OILS LICK

2 Likes