My parents went to Amsterdam recently and rented a tandem to ride out into the country. They couldn’t get the hang of it and gave up within a mile and returned it. I suggested next time just get two bikes.
metaphorically resonant machine strikes yet again!
@Straws important question how did they like the ride back from Sausalito up to the bridge
Ha yeah no kidding
i guarantee that they took the ferry back
oh they absolutely took the ferry back.
That’s beautiful, amazing, and perfect.
Even if this just is a render/PS-doodle from Trek I wish more mtb’s looked like this:
Taken from here:
tallbikes are great and tall cagrobike are best
See also:

Yeah that RM was/is the bomb.
If I ever fuck up the paint on my Starling too bad I’m probably doing that sw8 yellow/purp <3
Would a tall bike with cargo in the bottom be more stable?
Nothing really new there’s remember seeing one like that in 2007?. I’ve wanted to do that ever since but just never got around to it
Man, so Portland
I love Portland
Is pok pok good food? We sold their ginger brew in Seattle and it was good. Food nerds in Minnesota know about pok pok
It’s … popular food? I assume it’s pretty good, but just because something is popular in PDX doesn’t mean it’s good good. I never ate there: there was always a line and the BBQ place was just down the street where I could get a 1/2 lb of ribs and a side salad and no one batted an eye.
It’s good but as you say, Portland loves to queue for no reason.
I’ve eaten the food from that particular one a couple of times. It’s good, and that place never has lines in the evening, but the relentless pok-pok branding on everything inside the place is a bit offputting.
Lol sup went there with some Chinese and Vietnamese friends and they all found it deeply mediocre.
I went there 2 years ago and fucking hated it.
Stood in line for an hour and the food was impressively unexciting. We went out for pizza immediately afterwards because we were still hungry.
During the whole cultural appropriation/ethnic food debate over that burrito cart, it was a surprise that Pok Pok survived unscathed.

