TAF, JA, or just WTH?

Minneapolis has a similar place called Hai Hai that is very trendy and designy. Food is probably very similar in style and approach. I was really underwhelmed despite everyone claiming how “amazing” it is. Also when we left there was a two hour wait to sit. Sometimes going out with a kid at 5PM has its perks.

Only reason I’ve been able to eat at Sea Salt last two trips home. I tried to get into Matt’s for old time sake and it was stupid.

The other Sea Salt trick is to go right after a rain storm if possible. If the weather is nice they get jammed up at all hours.

WTH Just watched a recumbent/upright tandem ride by with an xtracycle rear end containing a child in a seat and a dog with it’s head sticking out of the cargo bag on the side. Is the real estate market in Portland so bad that those folks are moving to seattle now?

4 Likes

There’s a bike-related protest later today, which could be bringing the
weird bikes out

3 Likes

I can’t wait to see Seattle get weird. Bring out the… tandems and tall bikes?

2 Likes

Portland is 10 years behind Seattle in all ways, including property, so no.

1 Like

Doggy and kid in an xtra is not weird.

Oh fuck missed the recumbent tandem part. As you were

1 Like

The bike gets more normal each meter you get towards the back, all five meters

1 Like

Seattle is definitely not getting more weird

2 Likes

It would have to be part canoe, too. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have been able to make it across the river into Washington.

There’s been on in Richmond VA for years. It’s terrifying to ride.

EDIT: why is tarck putting me within face’s quote?

1 Like

This Big S Fuse is pretty TAF but in maybe the most subtle way.

6 Likes

That’s pretty.

I liked my Fuse but should have gotten a Medium instead of a Large. It was still enjoyable to ride but I felt a bit too stretched out. Good bike for the money though, they still sell off old models for $8-900.

1 Like

That bike is 2k, though. Kinda wish they had that brushed alu as the frameset instead of this. But I bet it looks good in person.


Probably will eventually get one, as I kinda want to build up a ss. Do have xd spec wheelset, but we will see if it comes to that.

Yeah, I know the price tag is kinda steep. It’s bit of a shame. Sure you pay premium for Big S, but its a pretty expensive HT compared to the Honzo and many other alu offerings.

Main gripe with the bike in general seems to be that they don’t really give the customers the benefit of the short seat tube with their dropper spec: XS-S: 100mm, M: 120mm, L/XL: 150mm… They could have pushed the geo a tad more over to the “EVO side” but it’s still fairly progressive coming from them.

Shit just got real at the work rack.

5 Likes

TC: I really don’t get droppers that go more than 100 or 125mm. Granted I don’t rad but the 125mm derper on my hardtail gets the saddle well out of the way.

What am I missing here?