Only time he removes the wheel is to replace a tire. He’s an shredder but like me is well into peak dadding so doesn’t wear out stuff fast.
When we swapped it onto a new frame last year I remember it being annoying. Not awful, but under pressure I could see it being a problem.
It’s only because no one is used to it. It’s really not hard. It would be easy to make a tool to hold the forks straight before removing the wheel too that could help reinstallation.
If there is one thing pro-team mechanics and racers seem to hate, it’s something new from the sponsor that they didn’t personally ask for.
And Campy. Pros hate campy.
Straws
June 21, 2019, 3:49pm
1288
I’m a pro! I fucking knew it!
viggen
June 21, 2019, 4:56pm
1289
You would totally endorse his racing outfit:
4 Likes
Is this the dude with the pink x white x green Scott?
viggen
June 21, 2019, 5:13pm
1291
Yeah, that was his “winter beater”.
Oh yeah, I’m totally on board with this guy’s whole oeuvre.
2 Likes
Free bike at the museum. Just need a screwdriver. It’s locked solely around the basket strut.
2 Likes
This dude is definitely tarck material. Also those legs.
igor
June 28, 2019, 5:32pm
1295
These are drying out back. I couldn’t find the tarcksandcrafts thread so I’m putting this here. seemsfine
31 Likes
my feedbag picked my pocket yesterday, and i didn’t even notice until i had ridden for quite a while.
3 Likes
Damn those are some pricey scales! Look good though, never did like the regular griptilian scales. Unsatisfying handfeel!
1 Like
If they only came in purple…
Straws
July 1, 2019, 4:50pm
1300
They’re having a sale now, btw. Also I feel like the AWT scales get pickpocketed in that manner far more than the stock scales did. When I worked on the road I had to stop carrying my mini-grip because my bag would pickpocket me almost once a day.
Yeah, I might switch to the mini clip. I actually don’t really like the scales. The butt end digs in to my hip too much on the bike.
Straws
July 3, 2019, 4:26pm
1303
That seems about right for the average gunnar owner.