Talk me out of buying this...

If you don’t buy this you’re a dummy

3 Likes

The joke is that he’s the only person defending cantis

Alas, no, and I can show you exhibits 1 through 6 that he’s not the only crazy person out there.

I Like Cantis And I Am Not Ashamed

2 Likes

Yes you are. Otherwise you wouldn’t have to tell us you weren’t.

2 Likes

Let’s say I lived near a big bmx track and also a dirt jump (pump track?) thing. What bike would I want for this, given that I’m six and a half feet tall? Am I looking at a 24" wheel? 26"? Can I buy something or put something together for a few hundred bucks?

For reference, it’s this place, which also has a gated bmx racetrack:

1 Like

(nevernoodles)

2 Likes

I’m not actually going to buy the IF calfbiek. But someone with $400 could: https://ebay.us/gbgvgK

Dummy confirmed.

3 Likes

As someone who is almost 6 and a half feet tall, not a very good jumper, and knows nothing about that place, I’d recommend a 26er dj bike.

before it was stripped

That saddle

26" dirt jump it is. I assume that a 20" wheel bmx bike would basically fit me like a glorified unicycle

I decided like ten years ago that I was too old to get into DJ even though there’s a pretty sweet jump park a few miles from my house.

1 Like

I don’t have a need for a 26" bike with rim brakes but I am drawn to that

I’m sure a bunch of first responders will be shoveling my mangled carcass off the jump track after my first attempt at catching some air, but until then, I’m in the market for a super cheap 26" type deal

2 Likes

Swiss Cross disc v1

I don’t ride cross (yet?), but i’m looking for something that will feel/be faster than my DayRuiner for my regular road + bike path + forrest road routes. Ideally this same bike would be rando-able, and no fender mounts on the Swiss Cross doesn’t help with that idea.

650EUR: New, includes frame, fork, headset

Good

• Specs say it fits up to 40c
  • disc
  • I like it

Bummer

• QR
  • QR
  • no fender mounts
  • 63mm BB drop?

Talk me out of this Tarck.

I’ve talked with Braden a bit and my fit on the new Wiggle bike would be in the ~5cm spacer category (unless I do a + rise stem, I guess). Fairlight Strael in a tall fit would be more suitable, but both of those options are 2x this price.

Also bummer: looks like it’s post-mount for disc calipers.

missed that. But I guess on the positive note, #onelessadapter

Has a bent chain stay :confused: