Talk me out of buying this...

Hot take: cross bikes are only good for cross and anybody who tells you any different is wrong.

1 Like

Counterpoint: my crosscheck is no good for cross. I mean cmon, it’s right in the name!

On the bright side it’s also indestructible, so I’ll have a bike with canti brakes until the heat death of the universe

2 Likes

Nah

Counterpoint: no bikes are good for anything but all bikes are sort of ok for everything.

7 Likes

that’s an awfully hot take

These are the takes I needed to hear from someone else. Thanks Tarck

I mean, Ted King doesn’t look wrong as he crushes Kanza and other grav grav fields on his super x. Only for Grinduro was he on the new Topstone carbon.

Cross bikes are fine. Or maybe bad. Grav grav bikes are better. For some things. Or maybe most things. But the best bike is the one you ride all the time.

8 Likes

I think maybe the more reasonable take is race race bikes are usually sub optimal for things other than racing. mtb (esp outside of xc) blurs that a bit more, but that’s my take. which isn’t that much of a take.

mild take, hard tails do everything?

1 Like
2 Likes

“Notify me when in stock”

6 Likes
2 Likes

Can anyone recommend one of these style of tubeless tire seating type pumps?
Still not running tubeless but there is a reasonable chance I may tubeless the 650b wheels on my green machine. i dont imagine its going to get a lot of use so I’m thinking cheaper rather than high-end?

not at all what you asked but get the cheapest pancake compressor you can find instead.

a- pumping before dumping and not having your tire seal is mega lame
b- having more air left after a solid blast is real cool
c- you could run a nail gun or whatever with it. and that’s neat. i haven’t unlocked this feature after 5+ years of compressor ownership, but you know, folx want options

3 Likes

I do 25-32mm tires pretty much exclusively, and like the Topeak Joe Blow Booster.

1 Like

d- you can inflate your car tires at home instead of driving somewhere to do it or doing it at the gas station

1 Like

true! i have done that. didn’t even bring an extension cord out, fluffed up the compressor inside, and brought it out to the car

1 Like

I have the AirShot, which is the same product as the Schwalbe tire boost. I figure I already have multiple floor pumps, so this seemed (to me) the logical choice. I do get irrationally nervous pumping up the cylinder to 160 psi, but it works.

1 Like

That is totally rational. Pressure vessels are terrifying.

2 Likes