Talk me out of buying this...

Interesting, I’ll check out alternatives. The goal is a < one week loop within car distance of NYC if anyone has other ideas, but contrary to tarck tradition I can ask about this in an appropriate thread.

1 Like

Could ride with older kid to school, and you get kid on MacRide or with an adapter cramkset.

Problem is that I would need to buy the parts and pay someone to put it together and then store it.

Ok I think I just talked myself out of it.

Hey @bward1028 watch SFO craigslist for future breakup sales, please :wink:

3 Likes

I know we troll Grant, but whoever does the Riv graphics absolutely kills it

5 Likes
1 Like

No. Is that a 96er, or just an extra-bad fisheye pic?

ATMO if u gonna get a weird Maverick, get one with their fork too.

Eddy Merckx is making a steel gravel bike with braze-ons. Can’t find where to buy it or any reviews or anything but it’s what I want and it’s under $2000 for a complete. You can even pick the colors. Is there anything I should consider instead for a bikepacking bike? I’ve never bought a new bike before.

1 Like

Endpoint makes some ok frames

3 Likes

Endpoint, Crust, Ritchey, and Fairlight are the other ones I’m considering but but they’d all end up being at least $1000 more.

1 Like

The website seems to imply the only dealers are in Mexico, Ireland, and French Guiana.

Suriname

3 Likes

ah, I didn’t zoom in enough

Is Marin Nicasio 2 too pedestrian?

A little bit. I definitely want it to be “cool.”

And the fork doesn’t have the mounting points I want.

1 Like

De Rosa also makes a steel gravel bike but it’s $5000 more and doesn’t have braze-ons.

VO pass hunter? I just went down this rabbit hole and recently ordered the Canyon Grizl due to price and lack of desire to dither.

Norco Search?

I keep getting ads for lauf bikes for 20% off :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This is kind of the wrong question. I should have asked “is there any reason to not buy this bike?”

4 Likes

Without having seen a modern EM and knowing nothing about them, I think you should get it

2 Likes