tandem posse rolls hard

so… i got this

it was 375, which was a good enough deal to persuade me to give it a shot despite the captain area being a little too tall for me.

the front is set up perfectly for me now, but it leaves the problem that i can’t get a stem onto the seatpost for stoker/girlfriend

so my options here are:

1- replace turbomatic with something with a lower “stack height” so i can raise seatpost but keep same saddle level
2- similarly, replace generic 26.6 post with something like a thomson where there is not as much “bulk” between rails and usable seatpost
3- use a stem that comes off the top tube, somehow
4- see if i can machine a normal threadless stem to work with the current seatpost/saddle configuration

also: the rear hub is a drum brake, designed to be used on the stoker’s bars. can you hook up that brake to a standard aero road lever? or does it need to be linear pull? or something else entirely?

thx dudes.

i can’t wait to roll in tandem crew
best friend moving up in a couple months
chloe moving up inseptember

i can’t wait to roll in tandem crew
best friend moving up in a couple months
chloe moving up inseptember

Make special pair of pants with handle bars attached through the belt loops. Seriously though, from those photos it looks like there’s still enough room for some kind of threadless stem there, especially in the second one. That’s what I’d try anyways. As for the brake issue, sorry can’t help.

WUTWUT!!!

wish it was ours… :’(

Get a tall girlfriend and u stoke? Think of the view!

Rear hub is a “drag brake”
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_dr-z.html

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tandem-brakes.html

I heard a song about a couple that got divorced because of a tandem bike.

Tandem Natty Fab.

[quote=toast]
also: the rear hub is a drum brake, designed to be used on the stoker’s bars. can you hook up that brake to a standard aero road lever? or does it need to be linear pull? or something else entirely?

thx dudes.[/quote]

Regular aero road lever is fine. Some folks hook them up to a bar-end shifter and use it as a drag brake when going down hills.

I gots to get good photos of my tandems.

WHOA TANDEM CRUU

got none of my own but i’m gettign better at tandeming

still have yet to try one

dude. toast… you gotta let me and brent borrow that and do a tandem race…

gief kebin turbomatic

I know someone…

sure thing! although once you ride 5-spd freewheels, you’ll never want to go back to “heavy-ass components” like SRAM rival.

sure thing! although once you ride 5-spd freewheels, you’ll never want to go back to “heavy-ass components” like SRAM rival.[/quote]

damn.

toast… would shorter crank arms help? maybe if the stroke is shorter then you can raise the seatpost.