Tarck Approved database

Make one

I legit have the strongest feelings about this category. Tires schmires, I want to yell about boxer briefs

I added some thoughts in the soma wolverine.

This is really a great resource. It’s nice to have all in one place, because as we all know although the tarck hivemind is great to query live, it’s very hard to find anything afterwards.

Added some stuff.

[quote=Petr5]Except the votes would have to be weighted. Fred gets like 10 thumbs. Also, fukka the mtb consensus landing on dh bro tires.

I’ve settled on Snakeskin Rocket Rons or Nobby Nics when I want to turn and stuff.[/quote]
I was also thinking about this. I have wildly different needs than most people here. I’m sitting here defending gatorskins and cetma racks like it’s 2006 but with thousands of miles on them. They work for me but obviously not for others. So it’s not even time spent but usage and purpose of product.

Fred should highlight his opinions in magenta for easy distinction.

[quote=Face]

Can this thread be stickied?[/quote]

Hi

[quote=DumbJim][quote=Face]

Can this thread be stickied?[/quote]

Hi[/quote]

I know it was probably gonna be stickied anyways, but this makes me feel special.

Fred should highlight his opinions in magenta for easy distinction.[/quote]

Very much this

[quote=oogens]ardents are bullshit

let stalk some high rollers/minions[/quote]
Yeah, sorry that was me. I changed to all Maxxis EXO TR things, various knobways.

I mean, Ardents are pretty solid tire for eastcoastrocks xc.
I can’t say it feel like my 2.5 minion rolls that well, but the big bike is big and not that fast.

Ardents are good for conditions where other tires are great.

I separated brakes (wet) into mtb and road. Shouldn’t they (and mechanical) be separated that way?

Are Sram calipers interchangeable with levers (road and mtb) like Shimano?

A++ would spreadsheet again. :bear:

Added some comments/additions.

I cannot stop re-organizing and tweaking and adding to this thing. :bear:

But, please, a Crosscheck is a fucking cross bike not a road bike. :colbert:

a crosscheck is a crosscheck and thats all it will ever be

It’s not a road bike, not a cross bike, not a hybrid, it’s it’s own jackalope, and as such is perfect and terrible.

Isn’t every bike just a crosscheck with different paint?

[quote=akasnowmaaan]I cannot stop re-organizing and tweaking and adding to this thing. :bear:

But, please, a Crosscheck is a fucking cross bike not a road bike. :colbert:[/quote]

Not one most people actually race.