Tarck Approved database

It’s not a road bike, not a cross bike, not a hybrid, it’s it’s own jackalope, and as such is perfect and terrible.[/quote]

Fixed.

[quote=Larry Winget][quote=akasnowmaaan]I cannot stop re-organizing and tweaking and adding to this thing. :bear:

But, please, a Crosscheck is a fucking cross bike not a road bike. :colbert:[/quote]

Not one most people actually race.[/quote]
I actually did once, with triple and bar end shifters and everything.

[quote=Larry Winget][quote=akasnowmaaan]I cannot stop re-organizing and tweaking and adding to this thing. :bear:

But, please, a Crosscheck is a fucking cross bike not a road bike. :colbert:[/quote]

Not one most people actually race.[/quote]

I’ve raced cx on a Crosscheck! I have nothing to compare it to, so it was ok? I assume that you want a really vague handling feel and a general reluctance on the bike’s part to ever change direction, right?

The fact that some people have done a race or two on a crosscheck doesn’t make it a cross bike. People have done a race or two on 90s mountain bikes as well.

Whatever, I raced the fuck out of a SS Cross Check for years. In fact, half the damn field was riding them.

Tons of people used to race Cross Checks back in KC.

Where were you guys 10-12 years ago?

Funny thing, I used to “race” on a shitty old touring/city bike back then. Now I do a majority of my city rides on a shitty old Cross Check.

You’ve raced on a crosscheck, I have a friend who tours on one, I know someone who works on one, and a million other fucking uses.

It’s a jack of all trades, master of none. But if I had to put it into any category I’d say cross.

Okay I added a couple things. About track bikes and cargo bikes. The two far branches of my dichotomous world.

I commuted on a cross check for years.
My buddy raced one for a season then bought a crux.

I’ve commuted on a soma cross check off and on for the past 8 or so years.

Everyone I know who “races” is on custom steel, carbon tubulars, or both.

[quote=ergott]I separated brakes (wet) into mtb and road. Shouldn’t they (and mechanical) be separated that way?

Are Sram calipers interchangeable with levers (road and mtb) like Shimano?[/quote]

I would assume so.

Elixer levers work with wet road rim brakes which are interchangeable with wet road dicks. Given the caliper design is basically the same (excluding the 4 pot maybe?) I have a hunch they are mix and match.

In a time before multiple companies producing fleets of SSCX bikes, the Cross Check was a cheap and viable option.

Are we here to debate the merits of the crosscheck, or fill in data?
Anyway, I hope someone appreciates that entry now.

<3

Lol well done snowman.

[quote=imoscardotcom]feel free to edit

one doc to rule zem all[/quote]
on all new pages

Has anyone tried this handlebar?

Looking for a replacement to my Velo Orange Postino bars. The other bar I’m interested in is the SimWorks GETAROUND but I think it’s too wide. The Ahearne looks good to me because it comes in 610mm (a little wider than the Postinos) and has some rise.

The best thing about the database is that I can peruse at work without having to alt+tab every time a coworker walks by. I work in excel all day anyhow and regularly use red/yellow/green conditional formatting for deadline/threshold tracking.

^ was thinking the same thing last week.

looks like I’m pluggin’ away at something important to everyone that walks by my desk, little do they know i’m ditherin’ the day away.