Tarck Arts and Carfts. Post your home-built bikey stuff.

That’s what I would do

Printed a version 4 of Jimmy’s Tubus Duo Lowrider pannier hook mount. Thanks for revising it Jimmy!
I was taking off the set that he gifted me last year and there was a crack along the plastic grain at the corner of the hex nut.
I was thinking of having them professionally printed by Shapeways to avoid any grain splits & better finish but the office 3D printer (0.01 resolution) did a pretty good job and in a colorway that matches my bike.

This was the last version:

Also made a custom bungee cord of the exact length I need to keep the bike rack arm on the bus from sliding down because front racks.
Still need to revise my bungee hook design, came out too large the first time.

I’d prefer this didn’t happen to my bike:

Nice work Squirrel and Jimmy! I didn’t know Paracord Planet did elastic also.

Can you post the file for that Tubus Duo? I have been using electrical tape.

20180531_224844 by Jeffrey Carson, on Flickr

That’s really good

PM me and I can email it to you. Or if you can wait a couple of days I can put it up on thingiverse or whatever, but Pm will be faster.
Squirrel if you have a place to post it go for it.

I don’t get it?

I don’t get it?[/quote]

It’s a tiny, lulzy, homemade cable lock to use in situations where the bike won’t even be out of my sight. You know, summer microbrewery rides.

jimmythefly sent the files for the Tubus Duo hook keepers that Andrew and others have printed. I had a pair printed up and should be receiving them in the mail shortly. They glow in the dark!

Nice, which company prints in photo receptive material?

3dHubs. They seem like they actually don’t have their own facilities but contract the work out to people with 3d printers across the country.

Yep, it’s basically like Airbnb for 3d printing.

I really want a 3d printer but I know its cheaper to use someone elses.

That too. I remember reading about a project that was working on developing a open source 3d printer was able to be entirely printed and put together with common hardware.

that’s one of the oldest https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RepRap_project

I need some of those tubus thingies, can you post the file?

Jimmy should post the files on Shapeways so anyone can order through his “shop”. I already uploaded it to shapeways and there is a box up in the right hand corner corner that say “sell my design” which might make it easier to manage.

My second printing didn’t go as well as the first on the office printer (one layer was slightly off center). Ended up ordering two sets from Shapeways (rev 3 & rev 4) because I’m really curious about the finish quality.