Tarck Furtive 500

I might make it to 100km do I win a prize?

1 Like

(inbound humble brag, beware)
i should hit 100km of skate skiing easily by the end of the week so no, i don’t think you do

2 Likes

I’m at 26.6 km of ill prepared and underdressed hikes through snowy forests so I’ve got that going for me.

2 Likes

I have finished all of my xmas leftovers

4 Likes

Lol yeah I’m 42 miles from 2500 for the year, realize that’s far from epic miles to do in two days, but I’m not sure there’s 42 miles I want to ride around here before New Year’s!

1 Like

All done. All outside. Had great weather. 505/500 in seven days.

• Distance, 314.3 mi
  • Elevation Gain, 8,304 ft
  • Moving Time, 21h 40m
  • Elapsed Time, 22h 44m

Big week for me, considering I only did 1,463.6 mi and 102,096 ft in 127h this year.

8 Likes

I finished with 336 km, half indoors because of weather. The wet snow we had didn’t really help, either. I managed to ride all eight days, so I count that as a win.

• Distance, 209.2 mi
  • Elevation Gain, 6,155 ft
  • Moving Time, 15h 26m
  • Elapsed Time, 16h 16m

I did 949 TSS and dug myself a TSB hole of -35.

4 Likes

501km. Lulz.

4 Likes

Xmas-ny is peak family time here so I don’t ever try. I sleep in a lot instead.
Dragged my sorry arse out for a ride about 10am the other day, nearly got heat stroke. Definite sunburn and dehydration. So I’m racking that up as my festive 50.

3 Likes

Did it! Only two rides outdoors sadly. It was raining all week and the trainer rides were usually during work hours where I needed to be near my computer or at night because I didn’t have time during the day. Tbh the consistent spinning with no coasting will probably do more for my fitness than the stop and go outside anyway.

5 Likes

136km… Fender arrived today.

Yay?

2 Likes

332km, never really in contention, good base training nonetheless.

4 Likes

Tacked on another 18 or so. I was hoping for 50 km total but got a little lazy. Flying home to my bicycles tomorrow :heart_eyes:

Maybe next year…

2 Likes

Work travel and now illness have kinda bombed my fitness, this year. I’m going to attempt a 250 at least. That should be a solid training block to get me rolling into the new year.

I also gotta burn off all the cookies.

2 Likes

Wasn’t there a bikepacking.com thing where the challenge is to sleep outside one day between Christmas and new year? I’m pretty sure I’m gonna do it tomorrow. Temps here are between 40 and 50 this week but its gonna be wet.

2 Likes

Heading out camping tonight!

Low in the 40s, but also a wind storm coming in. Place I’m going has a shelter to hide in though.

2 Likes

This is the point at which I turn around, ride home and sleep in my bed while we all pretend I did the camping thing.

13 Likes

Aaagh 4800 miles for the year. Do I knock out 200 miles in the next few days to hit the big round number i usually hit, or do I do literally anything else with my life?

1 Like

Couldn’t make it home before dark so.i decided to make the most of it out on the road. Drinking a Manhattan and eating fancy ass pizza that came with scissors!

3 Likes

Oh yeah, tides were a thing today I guess.