tarck measures shit thread (tires, etc...)

FGM?

Here’s a list of rims with corresponding Veloplug sizes.

http://www.bikesweets.com/Articles.asp?ID=245

28mm Resist Nomads on Open Sport rims; 29.5mm @ 100psi

28mm Resist Nomads on Open Sport rims by Tysasi, on Flickr

Hutchinson Confrérie des 650b on Velocity Synergy rims; 32 += .2mm (no pictures because the battery expired in my digital calipers)

Holy shit. Digital calipers that take pictures of what they’re measuring and include a little watermark of the measurement in the pic frame.

Off to million dollar ideas thread!

I wish, but sadly all I’ve got is a crappy Park caliper with a big plastic wart that blocks my view of the actual measurement. It eats batteries like there was no tomorrow, and pretty rapidly gets to a point where the readout starts blinking at anything; I can get the measurements off it if I use my eyes, but it’s catch as catch can with a camera.

(Bonus measurement! Rivendell Nifty Slothies on Velocity Synergies; 32mm.)

Sorry i’ll rephrase - all the people i know that actually measure shit ie. engineers, fabricators, machine shops, etc all use standard

fractions how do they work[/quote]

up top, hi 5[/quote]

Also, SCOTT! There is a harbor freight in east Towson. you can get a digital caliper for like $15.00 (on sale right now). go get one!

(sorry no measurements to share, ill be back…)

*lasts one measurement.

Most of these cheap-O digital calipers drain the hell out of the batteries in the quiescent mode. I think it’s just inherit to their bad design. Luckily mine came with a decent case that actually has battery “storage holes” cut in the foam. I just take my battery out after every use and they seem to last 1,000x longer. This would be a hassle if they had a screw-down battery lid but most of the units I have seen have quick access battery compartments.

http://www.starrett.com/metrology/product-detail/Precision-Measuring-Tools/Precision-Hand-Tools/Slide-Calipers/Electronic-Calipers/5002BZ-16~400

Group buy?

Panaracer T-Serv tourguide 700x35c – ~35.5 @ 70psi on Alex Y2000 rims by Tysasi, on Flickr

Anyone measured seatpost ODs lately? I replaced a cheap Kalloy crabon-over-aluminum post with a Ritchey Pro, and the latter slid down into the seat tube with no resistance whatsoever. Need new batteries for my calipers, but I was surprised/disappointed that the Kalloy was closer to spec.

was it? or is your seat tube just a really loose vagina?

Calipers say the vajeen is OK.

More Nomad/rim collabo; Nomad 28s on whatever rim Swobo shipped with the Del Norte (14mm bed width): 26mm @ 85psi.

Specialized Nimbus 26 x 1.5 … measures pretty much exactly 1.5 on a Mavic x717 rim

what the fuck turpentine.

No idea if this has been covered or is even relevant to interests outside of my own but…

Shop partner bro has a Soma Smoothie we converted to 650b with long reach caliper brakes. Braking was not strong enough for applying ham in semi off road foolish situations so we started looking into alternatives. Brazed on some post mounts for the rear to put TRP mini V on there but decided it was a bad idea for the fork. Anyway…

26" Surly LHT disc fork is 5mm longer a2c than the Surly pacer fork we had on there and clears 650bx40 with fender. Rake is 1mm more.

Not sure there is really any practical application for this outside of 650b roadbike mullet conversion but… yeah.

This is my first entry into the measured tire archive, please tell me if I am doing this incorrectly.

Panaracer T Serv PT 700 x 32c. Measured 31.5mm on Mavic A719 rim @60psi

Resist Nomad Tire 700 x 35c Tan Sidewall (Unridden!!). Measured 33.4mm on Mavic A719 rim @60psi

Mavic A719 rim measured at 25mm

A little bummed I mistakenly ordered the skinwall version because I really liked how black tires look on this build…still happy nonetheless

Also, if anyone is interested, I took a crapton of photos comparing (and measuring) the Nitto M12 vs Grand Bois M13 Wide