Tarck Racing

[quote=“craigmoyer”]I’m gonna be doing my first alleycat this upcoming weekend. I’m excited/nervous. Should be fun.

Doing it on the road bike, though.[/quote]

Wear your helmet.

Know your abilities.

Have fun.

and don’t get lost

Getting lost is the worst thing you can do. It will also really help, if there isn’t a defined route where you have to hits stops in a certain order, if you have a map and take a couple minutes to get a route planned. Most importantly though, is to just have fun with it.

Word to that. Always come strapped with a map!

The race went well. We ended up riding about 35 miles in its entirety, and it was pretty fun. I had to take a shot of tequila with two cashews in it at the first checkpoint, almost choked on the cashews, but the tequila was good. We had to carry pumpkins in our bags the entire time and after every checkpoint we had to go back to the place where the race started.

I had a good time and finished the race, so all my goals were met, and I won a fabric horse ulock holster!

[quote=“craigmoyer”]The race went well. We ended up riding about 35 miles in its entirety, and it was pretty fun. I had to take a shot of tequila with two cashews in it at the first checkpoint, almost choked on the cashews, but the tequila was good. We had to carry pumpkins in our bags the entire time and after every checkpoint we had to go back to the place where the race started.

I had a good time and finished the race, so all my goals were met, and I won a fabric horse ulock holster![/quote]

Awesome!

I raced a 'cat Friday night. I was doing pretty good (2nd place) about an hour into the race when I noticed that my manifest and I had become disunited. Unfortunately, this wasn’t before I had climbed, bike on my shoulder, the ten stories to the top of this thing:

Had a great time. Street racing is probably my favorite thing ever.

Man, I had a climb of similar proportions at this race. It sucked something massive.

Just got back from a race today. It definitely was good fun. I placed 6th in the race itself unless I’m very much mistaken, and then took 3rd in the little sprinting contest afterward. On the downside, I broke one of my toestraps, one of my knees and one of my shoulders are both kind of messed up, I have a slow-leaking puncture in my rear tire that I’m feeling too lazy to change right now, and I lost a pen. All in all, it was a blast.