Tarck to Work Day!

Then correct them. If I see a a cyclist behaving stupidly, I’ll kindly correct them if I have the opportunity. If it’s a pedestrian or driver, they usually get yelled at. My ride has been mellow all week other than 1. joggers/ walkers/ people pushing strollers in the bike lane when there are sidewalks available and 2. drivers passing me and leaving me only an inch or so so that they can pass me just in time for a light or stop sign. grrr

I was amused by all the confused and slightly uncomfortable looking folks riding their bikes today. Also, I likely pissed off some n00bs with my jackassery as a railed a turn through a 4-way stop (near best buy at Mandela & Horton) at 20mph around a pair of folks on mountain-bikes and then proceeded to blow a red light.

Also, didn’t get my free pancakes. This fat ass thing isn’t working out for me.

[quote] BTWD Bike Away From Work Party

Celebrate a successful Bike to Work Day at the Bike Away From Work Party. Here’s just some of the fun to be had: live music and a DJ, delicious food and drinks, a bicycle fashion show, and the presentation of the 2009 Bike Commuter of the Year Awards. We’re also selling raffle tickets for tons of great prizes including bike accessories, gift certificates, and getaways. This block party is in the Temescal District of Oakland on Telegraph at 49th Street. Join us!
[/quote]

I am going to do the opposite of tomorrow’s bike to work day, drive my truck with the bike in the back of it. I don’t work tomorrow, but will be going in anyway early in the morning. My three coworkers and I will be leaving from the bike shop we work at to ride to downtown for the city’s official bike to work thingy. Get some free coffee, snacks, whatever, and then leave shortly after that for an epic off road trail ride before the other three have to work. We did it last year as well, but the boss came with us and wouldn’t let us leave until everything was over. He isn’t coming with us this year so we will have more trail time!!

[quote=kowloon][quote] BTWD Bike Away From Work Party

Celebrate a successful Bike to Work Day at the Bike Away From Work Party. Here’s just some of the fun to be had: live music and a DJ, delicious food and drinks, a bicycle fashion show, and the presentation of the 2009 Bike Commuter of the Year Awards. We’re also selling raffle tickets for tons of great prizes including bike accessories, gift certificates, and getaways. This block party is in the Temescal District of Oakland on Telegraph at 49th Street. Join us!
[/quote][/quote]

You goin?

i start my new job on monday!
i have a feeling ill be biking to work everyday, seeing as how i’m doing bicycle delivery

[quote=kowloon]
I hit up 3 Energizer Stations and got coffee, snacks, and hand release.[/quote]

Did they have free massages with happy endings or something? WTF is “hand release”?

oh man, that would be awesome.

Just had to ride back from work through them all, AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!! BUNCH OF FUCKING IDIOTS!!! Stay in your hybrids, mini-vans and suv’s next year please. Narrowly avoided crashing into one fool who pulled out into the middle of the Panhandle MUP from one of the goody stations without looking, wobbled a bit then ran his bike out the way with this stupid ‘I’m sorry’ grin on his face.

i rode to work. all i got was wet

It’s tomorrow. You can get shit tomorrow.

A coworker from Everett challenged me. I’m not sure if he’ll actually ride or not, but I’m sure as hell doing it.

A coworker from Everett challenged me. I’m not sure if he’ll actually ride or not, but I’m sure as hell doing it.[/quote

Through your bike in the back of the jeep and park it a few blocks away, then ride the last few blocks!

I biked to work today as usual and filled up my waterbottle with coffee at the designated rest stop

I biked to work again. I didn’t see crap :frowning:

I bike to work, I got a t-shirt, 2 blinkeys, a map, and I won a floor pump. Then I got a flat, and walked to work, put in a new tube tried out my new pump. Now I’m sitting in my office eating some free powerbars, and patching my popped tube.

A coworker from Everett challenged me. I’m not sure if he’ll actually ride or not, but I’m sure as hell doing it.[/quote]

Through your bike in the back of the jeep and park it a few blocks away, then ride the last few blocks![/quote]

“Why aren’t you sweaty?”

“Because I’m a man.”

There are seriously people that do that at CalTrans back in Humboldt. They show up to the bike to work booth on full suspension mountain bikes with full face helmets. Not that they’d ride down from their suburban homes in the hills anyways. Most bloated piece of crap semi governmental company ever.

The timbuk2 store on Hayes had a free keg from 5-9. Hella.

bike to work day here, too
I took longer route today. Got a balloon and a sticker.

Edit: My son was riding with me, too. Dude was drafting behind me for 10 miles, to say “bye, daddy” and to drop me when he was 500 yards from his destination. Ah, kids.