Tarck to Work Day!

So many idiots out today.

Almost ran into a woman who came to a dead stop right in the middle of a crowded route when some (poorly secured) bag of some food fell off her rack.

Did I mention she had a Superflash attached to her chainstay?

i bike to school everyday. send me your free burrito.

pm me your address

[quote=vobopl]
Edit: My son was riding with me, too. Dude was drafting behind me for 10 miles, to say “bye, daddy” and to drop me when he was 500 yards from his destination. Ah, kids.[/quote]
Your son knows what’s up.

Thursday was Bike to Work day here in Santa Cruz. Wednesday I went down to the Bike Church for the food distribution with two others to pick up the food to bring back to the Bike Co-op on campus. At the bottom of the hill, my buddy’s janky-ass, piece of shit commuter rack broke, so I had to take a large portion of his load, which put me at 50lbs in the panniers. Sucked because I have a 1x8 (lowest gear 41x34) and he has a triple (lowest gear 22x34), yet he was the one carrying 25lbs…

Rode back up the hill at 6:00 Thursday morning and spent 7:00-11:00 handing out bagels, apple cinnamon bread, clif shot blocks, OJ (which I felt rather entitled to after carrying 2 gallons of that shit up), coffee and strawberries from Watsonville the size of small apples. Plus some other shit. Brought out a work stand and some basic tools for a bit of early morning maintenance. The bottle of Bailey’s in my pannier kept the coffee Irish and the morning interesting. Then we played drunken foot down and fucked around on the shop BMX bikes.

I love Bike to Work day.

bike to work all week here.

got a couple nasty looks and a couple grins as i hammered out of the saddle past the tent at mach 10, weaving through about 12 morons who can’t manage to ride in a remotely straight line.

i would have liked some free shit, but i’m always late. ALWAYS.