TarckBearHat

[quote=akasnowmaaan]OK I have line art of the bear done. It’s a straight-up trace of the .gif, here in AI and PDF.

AI file: http://d.pr/f/13cG
PDF: http://d.pr/f/xrkP

Let me know what tweaks you want, and if you want any production stuff like color separations, die cutting outlines, etcetera. Art direct me. That includes using a different frame of the .gif instead of this one, I picked the one with the trash can open (last one) but it took me like ten minutes to do total, I don’t mind using a different frame of the bear.

Once we have the design finalized, just give me the contact info of your vendor and I’ll deal directly with them on the final file format hand-off.[/quote]

This is great, but it should be pink and on the camo background, and on the Walz custom 3-panel template here: http://www.walzcaps.com/caps_custom.html

Once this is done I can take care of everything else!

Oh and David, can you pm me your address please, I am going to try to have Walz send you a sample cap to ensure that it can fit on large heads.

i’m in for a purchase of one of these
plus the deerhunter if that happens

The last tarck cap GB was Walz yes?
I wear a 7 3/4 hat and those hats fir me great in the L/XL size

I’m getting cloth brims, for the simple reason that I want to mail these in soft envelopes–plastic brims may crack particularly if being sent half way around the world.

Sorry plastic brim guys.

The regular size Walz is pretty big. I have one of the vsalon caps and it is my favorite cap ever, with a non-breaky brim that I haven’t found to be a problem. I have been using mine almost every ride for over a year (maybe 2?) and it has broken in nicely. A Rapha medium/regular is tight on my head and I can’t really wear the one I have any more after wearing the Walz.

This. I have ~10 walz caps and they are teh suck for descending at speed. Much better “go to hipster restaurant with girlfriend” hats. My pace caps have been doing on the bike duty. Pace brim perfectly protects my nerd goggles.

edit: Actually, I should give walz credit, they seem to be improving on every iteration, the newest one I bought was pretty rigid. My problem with them is that they are more pointy than Pace caps which is fine for looks but the wider brims have more functionality for the glasses owners

In

…and I just spoke with Walz on the phone and answered your questions…

1. Two sizes of hat, they recommend doing a split of 1/3 small/medium and 2/3 large/xtralarge. AND they will do two or three extra, extra large at no additional cost. I initially requested a sample hat, but I think just getting a couple XXL hats will address the jugheads. If there are issues with sizing you can send it back to Walz and they will resize for you.

2. The sweatband is black.

3. No glow in the dark for sublimated hats, but the camo will look fine using this process

4. The fabric stiffener is stiff but won’t crack like a plastic

5. The bear has to go at least 1.5" above the bottom of the cap or he’ll be in the sweatband stitching area

See, I can git er done.

Sounds great. I’m a 7.5 hat size and according to their chart I could do either of the two standard sizes?

[quote=Fergie]This is great, but it should be pink and on the camo background, and on the Walz custom 3-panel template here: http://www.walzcaps.com/caps_custom.html

Once this is done I can take care of everything else![/quote]

(That’s not how line art works for printing, btw - they’ll need both things.)

Gimme the exact shade of pink you want, and I’ll finish the layout comp today.

Why don’t you choose the pink, I work with a lot of art directors and whatever they come up with is always 10x better than my ideas. Presumably Tarck wants the neonest neon pink possible.

And Walz is sending their largest cap your way so you can ensure it fits.

K, I’ll talk with them. They’ll know.

Woo hoo! I am excite.

I need the neonest neon. For agility in the mountains.

in like flynn

[quote=Fergie]
Two sizes of hat, they recommend doing a split of 1/3 small/medium and 2/3 large/xtralarge. [/quote]

Cool! Good news for me since I’m on the smaller side with my shaved head. Have an older wool Walz cap in a smaller size that fits great.

I am worried that 20 hats will not be enough. We tried something like this with tarck socks and a lot of people who wanted them ended up with nothing. Can we make some sort of order form to make sure we get the size we need?

1 large

or a paypal based pre-order form or something? that way people can pay money up front to get what they want.